ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbooks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/12 01:27 PM Views: 4410 Replies: 8
Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Does anyone know of a site or company that would scan Yearbooks? We can scan in a limited number but I know have about 30 Yearbooks to scan. Also, I am looking for a site that allows bigger files that issue.com Does anyone know of another site like this?

Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM - Response #1

I just answered some of my own questions. it looks like classmates.com is willing to scan a yearbook without damage and return for $29.90. They then give it to you in PDF format. This is exactly what we want. The problem is they then sell the yearbook to anyone one they can. I don't know about you guys but I just think classmates.com is sleazy.

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM - Response #2

I just did a Google search and came up with at least one firm.
http://www.blueleaf-book-scanning.com/book_scanning_service_order.html

will do a book for $24.95 and cheaper after the first one. If they can pull of the binding the price is about half.

There may be other sites, too. I've asked blue leaf what they do with the files once they send them back. I'm hoping that they can assure in writing that they destroy the files and that they do not send or sell them to anyone else other than us.

At least this is cheaper than the sleazy Classmates.com

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM - Response #3

30 year books? At least, you know up front about the selling of pictures. No need to slam because of it.

Edited 08/13/12 12:01 PM
Monday, August 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM - Response #4

That is the ticket! I looked but did not find this. Our meeting is tonight so maybe we can put our heads together.

As for slamming classmates.com I guess you have a point Papa. With them you know what you are getting. I may even bring this to the committee and let them decide if they want to do business with them.

Thanks you.

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM - Response #5

Many people do business with social type networks and special sites like this one. Funny thing is that social networks are open end and can lead you into fraud where even your personal possessions, character and other valuable life assets are compromised. I am unaware of ClassCreator's rules for pictures onsite or special services but my picture 'aint' worth a nickel to me. Let them flatter me if they think my mug is worth a dime.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #6

While at our reunion last week, a classmate had some yearbooks, we wanted them copied, so we went to Fdex-Kinkos in Ft Lauderdale and paid only $6.99 for each book. The cover was in the same colors as we had.
So go to one in your area and see what they might charge. Of course we had gone to another place and they were charging about 14.00, more than half at Kinkos. Just FYI

Edited 08/15/13 12:17 PM
Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM - Response #7

One of my alum recently noted there are three yearbooks out there to be seen, Ray. Same as what you mentioned above. Her post was on Facebook so I commented with the details. Imagine getting paid to scan and then paid again and again and again...

Here is a question that may be in others' thoughts but I have not tried nor looked into it... Can you embed one of the yearbooks on your site? Bet the answer is no because in the small print... I'll try to make time to look into that further but if one needs a membership to get to the details, I am out; I do not have a membership over there.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 7:31 PM - Response #8

What then did you do with the scan? Someone in our group asked if we could get a PDF of the yearbook and post it on our website.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.