ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cannot edit Announcements.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/16/16 09:42 PM Views: 1205 Replies: 10
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 9:42 PM
Home Page.JPG

As of yesterday I can no longer get to the screen to edit announcements. When I click on EDIT HOME PAGE this is what I get.See attachment.
This is in IE 11. When I do this in Firefox I get a blank page.

I have tried this on 2 different PC's with the same result.

Need help!

Edited 03/16/16 9:45 PM
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 10:54 PM - Response #1

When I edit Announcements, I go to Post Announcements in the Member Functions and choose which one to edit from the list of announcements. Would that method work in your case?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 4:58 AM - Response #2

Having the same issue on Firefox. I get a blank page when trying to edit the home page. I was able to edit the In Memory page.

Edited 03/17/16 5:16 AM
Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 12:34 PM - Response #3

Yes, we are experiencing an issue with the Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage at the moment. I have documented the issues and sent it to the programmers. We hope to have this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 1:55 PM - Response #4

OK now.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 3:37 PM - Response #5

This issues was impacting IE and Firefox users. It appears that this issues is resolved. If you are still seeing the issue, please be sure to clear your cache / refresh.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 8:24 PM - Response #6

You must have found the problem. All working this PM.

Thx for your prompt support!

Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM - Response #7

For the past few days, I cannot edit or create new Announcements. I can open the page and fill out the top area, but cannot find anywhere to add a new announcement or edit an announcement.

Vicky

Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM - Response #8

I just created a test announcement on your site and it worked as expected. It is on the Edit Announcements page turned off.

Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:31 PM - Response #9

I have the same issue. I'd like to delete and announcement as well and I assume that is in the same place.

Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 4:55 PM - Response #10

Hi Susan,

Sorry I didn't see this last post. It looks like you don't have any announcements on the home page. If you did there are a few ways to access them

1. Go to Member Functions > Post Announcements and as an admin you will see this in an admin view not a classmate
2. Go to Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page and there is an announcements section on the top part called Content Area -- it links to the same thing as option 1.

Since you don't seem to have announcements (you may have removed them all if you did have them). Whatever you had loading on the home page was likely in the home page content area. That is listed on the Home Page > Edit Page just below all of the right handle module adjustments at the top of the page. I see your updated reunion date so you may have already found all of this I just wanted to make sure we were clear on how to reach each section.

Jessica
Class Creator Suppor

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.