ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change school photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/05/12 02:41 PM Views: 1486 Replies: 8
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I want to change the school photo that I uploaded when I began the website. I can't seem to find a place to do that on edit home page. Is it somewhere else?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM - Response #1

LaVerne,

It is found on the EDIT SCHOOL/LOGO link.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM - Response #2

Did you find it?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM - Response #3

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that except I was looking just at editing the home page. Now that I have changed it, it is cutting off the bottom border of my photo. Is there a way to correct that?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM - Response #4

You could try editing the photo and making it cropped differently and see if that makes a difference. I also know that the first 6 professional designs (not the ones for the 1960's, 1970's, etc.) will make the photo look better, so the way it is displaying now might be how it is supposed to display with the 1970's design.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM - Response #5

I tried cropping it and resizing it and it didn't seem to change. I guess I will just live with it or change it back to the pencil drawing I first had.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM - Response #6
Weber High Building regular and stretched.jpg

If your picture is already cropped the way you like it, the way I make photos appear in different sizes anywhere on our site is to:

a) Open them in Photoshop or another image editor (the instructions may differ in other programs).
b) select "Image Size" under the "Image" menu - and
c) then re-sample them up or down in total pixel size.

In Photoshop, it's important that "Resample" be selected - otherwise the picture "print size" will change, but the total number of pixels will not. And while you think you've changed the "size," you're sending the same number of pixels to CC and nothing will change when you reload.

You may need to experiment with several down or upsizings to get it right - I always keep working from the original file for each try to avoiding messing with the pixels multiple times. (Pixels don't like that Confused)

If you don't have a photo editing program, I recommend the free and pretty versatile online editor, pixlr.com. When you select "Image Size" in this program, the ONLY option is to change the number of pixels.

Note: If you're trying to make your picture smaller, save the resampled image with a new name - e.g., add "downsampled" at the end. Otherwise you will have thrown away some of the original photo information and won't have a copy if you ever need to re-purpose the image for another use.

If you're making it have MORE pixels, don't add too many or the image starts to look artificial (because the program has to "guess" what should go in the new pixels - and "splits the difference between the existing ones. And again, keep your original file after applying any tip here.

Bonus tip:
- especially with logos and pictures of buildings, if you UN-click "constrain proportions" while you're doing this, you can also stretch either the vertical or horizontal proportions to help it fit a space you want. I've attached a sample - which you can view by clicking the link at the top of this post, btw. Anyway, people, tho', generally start to look strange when stretched or compressed - but stretching just a hair vertically does make people look thinner!

Hope this helps you!

Edited 02/12/12 5:21 AM
Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM - Response #7

Please tell me what option/category the EDIT SCHOOL/LOGO link is under? I want to change my school photo on the top right in the home page.
Thanks,
Judy

Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM - Response #8

Change Design, go to the bottom, School Information and there's the School Logo and Photo.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.