ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Issuu

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/17/09 03:13 PM Views: 1686 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I need some direction. I have scanned in my entire yearbook (205 pages). I have put it into Word and edited the pages. I have divided it into sections, put it into pdf format, uploaded the yearbook to Issuu in seven sections. I have checked the FAQ pages on the site. I can't find an answer. Is there a way that I can combine the seven files into one file ( the complete yearbook)to embed on my homepage?

Sharon Hostetler

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM - Response #1

Check this out.

Edited 03/17/09 5:35 PM
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 7:13 AM - Response #2

When I was uploading our yearbook into Issuu, I had to break it up into 7 sections because of Issuu restraints. Issuu will upload up to 100MB and 500 pages at one time. We had 223 pages in our, but about 40 pages of our yearbook would hit the 100 MB maximum. If you ever find software that will load it all into one book, I would love to know it. Good luck.

Blessings,

Pam Murray

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM - Response #3

I ran into the same problem. Sometimes I could upload, sometimes not. I have switched to scribd.com. Wraps the pdf in flash, and has similar functionality, though not quite as cool. I did have to do some teaking to the embed code to get it to appear as I wanted it at initial load. Not as much up front control as issuu. Adobe.com also has a Share functionality (google it, can't remember the site), but it really hides the embed code, and I didn't take time to work through it. Looks a little better than scribd.

See www.caseclassof79.com to check it out. The yearbook page is scribd, Memorabila page is still issuu.

I also use a free utility called (brain fade) PDFile or something like that to merge and fix PDFs. Works good, but not graphical for some of the tasks that it would really help to be. But as long as your pdf scan is in good shape it can merge, rearrange, convert, etc.

Edited 03/20/09 12:21 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM - Response #4

Just as an FYI, there is a site I use ( www.multiply.com ) where I am now in the process of scanning and uploading my yearbook to, and it seems (so far anyhow) to be working well. When I am done I will pay for the premium features (but not required) so my classmates can get high res photos along with the ability to download the entire book, for those that have lost it over the years.
While my page isn't live yet on my site, you can check out what I have so far for yourself.
http://www.classcreator.com/Bethel-CT-1971/class_custom2.cfm

Edited 03/21/09 4:46 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.