ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums - viewed by classmates only?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/25/09 12:21 AM Views: 1515 Replies: 7
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM

As far as I can tell, all our own forum postings are viewable by the whole world.
Is there a way that viewers of our class forum postings can be limited to classmates only?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM - Response #1

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) In the password column put a checkmark next to your Kom nou, sê jou sê!

Voila, your forums are now for Classmates' eyes only. Don't you love simple answers?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM - Response #2

Simple when you know how...

Does the password to protect the forums (and other pages) have to be the same as the site administrator's password, or should it be something else?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM - Response #3

Any page that is password protected can be seen by a "joined" classmate or guest, using their own password..

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #4

I'm confused also.

Is there a way to apply password protection to individual pages? I'd like to apply a password to certain pages.

Also how can individual classmates password protect their information?

Questions, questions, questions.

Thanks,
Ken

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM - Response #5

Not sure if this is off-topic, but you can create a User Forum that is password protected and then give out the password to certain individuals. (maybe for reunion planning or only the cheerleading squad for example)

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM - Response #6

Any page of your site can be password protected under your Edit Site Pages link. No, you should NOT create a system password that is the same as your Administrator password. Your Admin password is your own private password used to log into your account only.

Anyone new here, there are three important things you should read regarding these questions:

1) When you click Edit Site Pages, please read the information right on that page itself. Right there where you set your system password the feature is fully explained.

2) In Our FAQs above, click Questions About Passwords. Here you'll find a thorough explanation of all things related to passwords.

3) If you're interested in passwords and how they pertain to privacy issues, in our FAQs also click on Questions About Privacy. There you'll find all the things you can do to ensure privacy for your Classmates.

Note: Every Classmate can protect his or her own Classmate Profile. I.E. they can restrict these Profiles to viewing by only fellow Classmates if desired. The password restriction feature is right in the Profile edit page itself.

Edited 06/25/09 1:29 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #7

Thanks again for such quick answers.

Ken

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.