ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Edit Help

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/29/15 08:55 PM Views: 1508 Replies: 6
Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 8:55 PM

How in the world do you put a background color behind the text you want to enter on the home page, and other pages.

Probably easy, but

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM - Response #1

I can not even get the home page to update at all tonight. All I am trying to do is to add an image of an October calendar - similar to what I do EVERY month about this time. ?????????

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 10:55 PM - Response #2
BackgroundColor.jpg

Linda,
Yes, it is easy! Highlight the text you want to add a background color behind, and click the "A" box as shown in the attached screen snap.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 11:04 AM - Response #3
BackgroundColor.jpg

John Ralph wrote:

Linda,
Yes, it is easy! Highlight the text you want to add a background color behind, and click the "A" box as shown in the attached screen snap.

This works fine if you are only trying to background color some text. If you want the whole area to have a background color, create a table and then right mouse within the cell of the table, click Cell, Cell Properties, and then "choose" in the background color option. Select the color you want, click OK and then OK again.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 1:11 PM - Response #4

There are other ways to change background colors (of any element) that at times is useful - using CSS. For example to change the whole page background add this in source mode (color is a pale blue, but can be anything of course): This removes the use of a table to surround an area.

You can also use a graphic that fills the area (much like background image):

You can also just pick 'table' and control the color of those (or image). Applies to ALL the tables on that page (for this method). Below controls everything, but you could isolate all the cells and make them different, including borders.

Hope that will be useful. Easy to try out in source mode. Put at the front of page so it's easy to find.

Edited 09/30/15 1:13 PM
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 7:06 PM - Response #5

Wow! Lot's of experts out there - thank goodness! All tips are appreciated! And, I did get it done. Thank you so much

Friday, October 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM - Response #6

wow...I have to bookmark this...I don't use tables..and hate them with a passion. Evil or Very Mad I don't even know how to make them...and don't want to learn. Razz

Thanx for the info.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.