ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guest Member/Teacher Who Is Deceased

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/30/08 03:42 PM Views: 1796 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I am using the guest member feature to list the teacher's for my website. I have a couple of teachers that are deceased and would like to honor them by including them in the in memory section but there is not an option.

I realize that I can list these members as "classmates" but they are not classmates and by doing this it would remove them from the "teachers" list and when classmates look at the teachers list their names would not be there. I could also list them twice on the website in both lists but then they would be deceased on one list and not the other.

What is the solution to this?

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM - Response #1

I'm not sure what teacher's list you are referring to, but nonetheless, you can add a guest member, both displaying or non displaying, to your site, and once you've done this you can then go into your In Memory area and mark them as deceased. And then of course you can create a nice writeup for them using the new visual editor. I guess I'm not really understanding the question. Lots of people are already adding deceased guest members. Doing this is not going to remove them from your list if they are a displaying guest member -- it's just going to be put a ** next to their name so people know they have an In Memory entry.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 9:43 PM - Response #2

Brad,

I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I was going into the list to mark the deceased I was going all the way down to the bottom of the classmate list to look for the "guest accounts" just like they are listed under manage classmates and they were not there. They are mixed in with the classmates in alphabetical order so please disregard my question. Just scratch anything from today that I have asked. I need some sleep lol

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM - Response #3

Ok. Smile

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM - Response #4

I list my teachers as guests as well. I have one teacher who I learned was deceased, so I listed him as deceased. I recently learned of the date of death and went back and edited his "In Memory" profile to reflect the year of death. His name is still showing up under "Guest" on the In Memory section, instead of moving him under the year of his death, like it does for classmates. Is there a way to have his name listed under the year of his death, like the classmates?

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM - Response #5

People didn't want deceased guests intermixed with deceased classmates, so deceased guests are all listed together uder the Guests heading. I suppose we could append two options to the main In Memory edit area if 1 or more deceased guests exist, that would read:

Show deceased Guests along with Classmates.
Show deceased Guests separately.

Friday, November 6, 2009 at 5:24 PM - Response #6

Brad--keeping the deceased guest count and deceased classmate count separated was discussed once--any plans to allow us to keep these separate somehow?

Andy

Friday, November 6, 2009 at 8:35 PM - Response #7

That's on the list with a dozen or so other In Memory edits we'll be working on after the release of Instant Messaging, stay tuned.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.