ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Just Donations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/06/16 08:46 PM Views: 982 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:46 PM

To Whom It may concern,

We will not have a reunion for the next several years and are currently not "selling" anything. However, we have a number of Classmates who want to donate to help support the CC website.

Can anyone give use some hints on how to and how well the "Donations" function works?? We will probably use Credit Card, Paypal and paper. I think the last method will be the most popular with our group??

I thank you in advance for any tips, points and help you can provide.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

It works incredibly well!! We put a donate button on our website for our 50th Reunion and with 90 or so signed up we have received over $1500 already! We are amazed. About 3/4 credit card (through PayPal) and the remainder mail in checks. It is so easy. We love it!

Janie

Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM - Response #2

Donations are really not difficult to get if you share what the funds are for and make it easy for your members! Back in 2010 and again last year, I chose to use the donations button on the home page - the right column module. Within days of the requests, we received more donations than needed. Last year's information was shared in an email and posted as an announcement on the home page. Our donation piggy bank (bank account) now has a few hundred dollars available to assist with our next event. Here is what I wrote:

(copy/paste begins - formatting does not copy over)
(Graphic of a piggy bank top center)

SPARE CHANGE ACCEPTED

Donations? Why?
As we began planning this reunion, our class did not have a piggy bank, which says we are starting from zero. We want you informed and wish to share with you the items we see a need for now and into the future.

45th REUNION

Miscellaneous Reunion Donations - Will cover the following:
Name tags for all events
Decorations
Door or other prizes
Marquee rental. Getting the word out - Our reunion should be seen on the school's marquee soon at no charge. In addition, the City of McHenry has recently added a marquee across from the Jewel on Route 120. The City charges $25 a week.

MCHS1970.COM

Our site subscription is paid to September 21, 2021 thanks to many of you!

Our site address www.mchs1970.com is separate and renewed annually. Classmates have paid the renewals to November 6, 2015. In order to keep mchs1970.com, we would like to renew for six years at a cost of $134.46. This will have both the address and site paid to 2021.

Please consider a donation. Thank you!

As we are not a non-profit, your donations are not tax deductible.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM - Response #3

Thanks Janie and Gwen,

Janie for sharing their Experiences with "Donations" and Gwen for the Verbiage ideas for a e-mail blast.

Paul M.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.