ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Picture Gallery and Firefox

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/11/13 01:43 PM Views: 784 Replies: 5
Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I encountered a strange issue yesterday. I was attempting to upload additional pictures to my July 4th Parade Gallery. When I would click on the selected picture after browse, the gallery would indicate it was uploading but it was just stuck there. I was using Firefox. It was showing 0% uploaded and wouldn't move. I tried all sorts of tricks, and finally I switched over to Chrome browser, and voila! No problem. It uploaded the pictures just as slick as could be. Any thoughts?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM - Response #1

Maybe the picture was too large. Make sure the picture is less than 1000x1000 pixels wide. Maybe the resizer wasn't working for some reason on Firefox.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM - Response #2

Probably a transient glitch in IP route that was established. I happen to be uploading then (FF) and images were way larger than 1000x1000.

Sometimes routing goes bad at some point on the journey and if you just go back and restart the URL (refresh) everything all of a sudden works. So restarting with Chrome picked a different route or things just happen to clear up anyway (if ISP related).

Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Jack

Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM - Response #4

I encountered this problem with Firefox way before using Class Creator, and not just with uploading pictures. It would happen when I would try to download anything. It would just sit on 0% and never finish downloading. I researched and found that I was not the only one experiencing this problem. That's when I switched back to Chrome. It's a Firefox issue and apparently they haven't fixed the bug yet.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM - Response #5

Current release version of FF is 22. Seems I saw 23 in Tim's post ? which is the beta version. Sometimes, betas reveal problems. Somehow I don't think this is one of them.

For example, FF had a Java memory issue a while back that would eat up your resources. Solution is to shut down and restart. That's not a bad idea regardless for any browser so it clears up memory management. (If you run task manager, one will be amazed at the resources used - Win8 is awesome in this regard.) ATM I'm usng 750MB for FF. Ouch. I haven't restarted FF in a week - bad me.

Then there was an issue with Java script eating up all your cpu cycles. Again revealed with task manager spying.

Issues like this are not simple to resolve since each system has it's own set of addons/plugins, etc. Some of which interfere big time (is there an replacement plugin for downloads?).

The trick is finding the addon. Usually the first thing I do to "help" someone is go in and disable all the stuff that looks odd to me. Kids are a prime cause of all sorts of addons. My brother's grandson essentially killed his browser.Twisted Evil

For a counter view: By coincidence I've uploaded about 300 image files in the last 2 days on CC using FF 22 with no problems. Not a single burp. I also download more than the average person for research and the like since I'm a programmer. Don't think I've had any trouble that can be accurately attributed to FF - but there have been odd bugs now and again - and that's for all the browsers.

Think of this as medicine. Some people's body works just great with BrandX and others will swear that it is killing them.Wink

Edited 07/11/13 7:54 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.