ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Where is the message board.

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/23/20 10:01 AM Views: 642 Replies: 10
Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 10:01 AM

I cannot fine the message board link or user forum. Am I missing something? Hope I didn't do something to destroy it. Thank you.

Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM - Response #1

They are inactive under your Edit Site Pages section now.

Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 6:05 PM - Response #2

I have the same problem, no Message Board! It is not in the inactive under the Edit Site Pages section.

Looking at other websites, I was able to determine what that link should be and found the link associated to my Website. http://www.MyDomain.com/class_forums.cfm

My question - Since that link ends in a cfm extension and you cannot add a cfm to a new Page (message says that's not permitted, only htm is allowed) how can I enable that link, other than using the Edit Page and including it as a link on a page?

Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM - Response #3

You have to ask for it to be available now. Originally CC thought that "what's new" would replace it and make it not available to newer sites, but that's not exactly how it turned out.

Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 9:47 PM - Response #4

Hi Dennis,

They are inactive under your Edit Site Pages section now. You would need to go to Edit Site Pages and choose the Edit Link option next to those pages and then make then active under Edit Link.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, December 28, 2020 at 7:47 AM - Response #5

Jessica, I would also like a message board (or user forum where people can ask questions and get replies) but I do not see anything in the Edit Site Pages. Can this be added?

Edited 12/28/20 7:47 AM
Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:06 PM - Response #6

Hi Sandy,

They are inactive under your Edit Site Pages section now. You would need to go to Edit Site Pages and choose the Edit Link option next to those pages and then make then active under Edit Link.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, December 28, 2020 at 11:07 PM - Response #7

Jessica
I sent a message about my inoperable website. My domain was shut down with the changeover, but I did not receive an email I have purhcased another domain but when I got to the register domain on class creator it suggests new websites, but does not give me the option to enter my purchased domain. I would appreciate a response how to fix this . my last message did not receive a response. I need to point central83reunion.com to my class creator site that was previously central83.com. I would appreciate help how ot fix this. WE have two classmate deaths to post, but can't b/c the domain isn't working.

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 1:06 AM - Response #8

You need to go to your registrar and update the A record as explained in email that you did not receive. You are making a NEW domain, so the first part does not apply since you never got that far. Just do the last part.

Quote:

Please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record (this should replace your existing A record which will be one of these 3 numbers: 69.41.171.62 or 69.41.171.205 or 69.41.171.206).

Replace your old A record with this number: 66.165.67.161

Edited 12/29/20 1:07 AM
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 10:35 AM - Response #9

Thanks Jessica!

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 12:37 PM - Response #10

Cathy,

Your domain central83reunion.com has been connected to your site.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.