ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Transfer existing domain?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/26/09 09:55 AM Views: 1909 Replies: 14
Monday, January 26, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I see the link for purchasing a new domain, but how do I transfer an existing domain name to class creator? I already have a class web site, but was working way too hard to maintain it and am looking forward to using your service!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 11:24 AM - Response #1

Welcome Charlie.

Please click on the FAQs link above and then click on Questions About Domain Names. Full step-by-step instructions are there for transferring your domain name to Classnames.net.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM - Response #2

Our site domain name is registered under Classnames.net but today we received a notice that Namejuice (Brandon...) is being requested to accept a transfer of our name to its services. Is this a legal activity to the best of your knowledge? We just renewed our name for two years with Classnames.net and want to wait to do this transfer until I hear from any of you, but they specify it must be done before April 26th. Please help!Rolling Eyes

Edited 04/21/09 9:21 AM
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM - Response #3

That notice you received is a scam. They are not in any way associated with ClassCreator.com or ClassNames.net

Please ignore any notices you receive that are not from ClassNames.net -- just toss them.

I personally think what they are doing should be illegal, however, we have repeatedly reported this company and others like it for sending scam notices to people based on their Whois search information (the information that shows who has a domain registered in the central domain registration database) and it appears nothing can be done to stop them. They add disclaimers somewhere on their invoices stating that this is a solicitation and apparently that is all they have to do. I find their entire method of getting new business despicable - their goal is to confuse people into thinking they have to use them.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM - Response #4

It's not a bill, it's a scam. Many unscrupulous Registrars sent out things that appear to be a bill. If you fall for it and pay it, not only will you be paying more than the $19 yearly fee charged by classnames.net, you'll actually break your site for awhile too. Even worse, you'll be stuck at the scam Registrar with no way to transfer back to Classnames.net unless you pay even more money. Fortunately you posted the question here instead of falling for it -- good for you.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM - Response #5

Oops, Jess and I are at separate locations currently and we both just responded. Smile Well, there ya go, two people telling you to put that "invoice" in your circular file.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM - Response #6

THANK YOU!!!1 THANK YOU!!! Both of you. This is what makes Class Creator what it is... a site we can trust.

It is sickening to see how well crafted this other site (Namejuice....) has become. I even looked them up in the Web and it seemed so legal, blah, blah.... until I started reading their 'contract rules' (something I did not use to do years ago but now recommend to all). Very telling. Twisted Evil

Thank you, Brad and all, for providing this forum.... it certainly makes a difference...

Here's to many good things. Very Happy

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM - Response #7

For kicks I typed in "namejuice scam" into Google and all kinds of interesting things came up, such as this. Something really needs to be done about this.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM - Response #8

well, folks... just when I thought I had done fine, I realized after reading the link on your last posting, that I had actually fallen for the Domain Renewal Group scam last week and sent the letter with a 50.00 check, etc. I could kick myself for it.

I put a stop payment on the check (had not been cleared as of this morning) and can only hope for the best with this. It makes me sick.

Now, in the unlikely event that it does go through, what will be some of my options? Does this mean I will not be able to use the domain name I had gotten through classnames.net? Do I have to apply for a new one? I am so angry with this right now I can't see straight.Embarassed

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #9

Went to classnames.net and saw that, although i had checkd the Do Not Transfer Domain Name box, they apparently did because it is not there anymore. I know I am bothered for having fallen to the scam, but this really disturbed me because I thought that request would be honored.

I am glad to see that even though the domain name may have been lost now (or will be, eventually, because I will not renew it with anybody else), at least I should be able to purchase a new one (reluctantly) and move on from there.

lesson learned.Rolling Eyes

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM - Response #10

I don't believe this domain has been lost yet. If you don't unlock the domain or provide them with the EPP transfer code then they can't transfer it. I see still it at classnames.net and it is still locked so hopefully we are not too late here.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM - Response #11

You are so kind to respond so quickly. Now, when I went to classnames.net I saw one of my domain names (asm72) but did not see the one in question (sanmiguel6Cool. Is that the one you saw? I hope so.Crying or Very sad

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #12

You have two accounts at classnames.net - I emailed you the two logins.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 4:03 PM - Response #13

I'd guess this re-defines what a 'senior moment' is all about. I had forgotten about that and am encouraged to check. Right now, I have not been able to access the one for sanmiguel68 because it was put on hold after several attempts to login (before your email). So i will wait the 30 minutes or so and check back.

Classmates.net also sent me a note telling me that i had two accounts there and what they were. So glad they did that. i have been very, very pleased with them and did not wish to have to switch for any reason.

I hope all this ends up being is an aggravation and nothing else. Things have gone so smoothly until now.

Thank you, again, Jessica. You guys are the best. Laughing

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM - Response #14
Bogus Invoice.jpg

FYI. I did not fall for it, but I have today received an official-looking invoice from Web Listing Inc, asking me to send $65. The verbage does say "THIS IS NOT A BILL. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PAY THE AMOUNT STATED ABOVE UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER." But it does look very convincing and I could see in cases with multiple Admins, how this could be paid. Forewarned is forearmed....I posted an attachment of the invoice if you wish to see it. Pretty grainy, but you get the idea..

Edited 04/25/09 1:05 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.