ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

?????

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/12 02:31 PM Views: 1643 Replies: 15
Monday, July 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Suddenly this weekend I started have issues with our website and my computer. I can log on just fine with no problems...however, as I try to move around to different links or sections to do things I have to click the refresh button on my system every time.

I went to manage classmates. Ok..I get a blank screen and it says DONE in the lower left corner. In order to go to Enter/Edit I must click my refresh tab. I get to the list and same thing. Blank Page, done in left corner and I click refresh.

Did I do something to screw up my settings or connections or what?

JIM

Monday, July 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM - Response #1

According to the information your system provides, you are using Internet Explorer 7. The current version is 9, and version 10 is due out soon. We strongly recommend that you update the version of IE that you are using to at least 9, or download either the Chrome browser or the Firefox browser. Any of these actions will likely eliminate the problem you are experiencing.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM - Response #2

I have a question that came from reading this thread and a problem I have been experiencing.

I've used Firefox for my sites over the past two years (almost two years). Recently, I had a problem with Flash crashing and found it was due to an Firefox update. I was able to remove the update and all has been fine... until Firefox did an auto update this past week. Flash continues to crash on all my sites. I can use Chrome or IE (whatever version) but which might be the best?
This is on my laptop with Windows 7.

If I hadn't messed up Firefox and Windows on my desktop with Windows XP, I'd be using that as I did ... exclusively. Sad I can't find that problem!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM - Response #3

I encountered a similar problem on my desktop with XP. I ended up deleting my Firefox from my desktop and then using IE to download the newest version of Firefox. When I installed this new version (Version 14), the crashes went away. I do not have a computer with Windows 7 so don't know if this will work with that version of Windows.

I am happy again with Firefox and XP.

George

Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM - Response #4

E.....I wnt to my MSN hompage and entered IE9 got a message that I am alreead using the latest version...now what?

Another issue has come up....I received a message from CC that you received a bounce back mail asking me to check my e mail address. It is correct. I just logged on to the website using that e mail and cannot figure what the problem is...any ideas here?

JIM

Edited 07/28/12 2:10 PM
Monday, July 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM - Response #5

Any one there?

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM - Response #6

Hi Jim,

I'm not with CC nor to answer your question but I am an 'anyone', right? Cool

Okay, I read your 2pm post. I understand that those with MSN service, find it necessary to go to the MSN homepage first. I'm not sure if that is necessary but I would think if you are on MSN's home page, there is no need to enter a browser. Unless MSN is different, the home page should open in a browser. It reads as if your browser is IE. If so, in the menu bar click on Help and click on About Internet Explorer at the bottom of the drop down. That will show you the version you have.

To anyone: If MSN's home page does not open in a browser, I would really like to understand. Many friends ask for my help and I do not know about MSN - if there is anything to know/learn.

Will stay tuned.

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM - Response #7

There are a bunch of email domain names that are treating our new "Notify Me" emails as spam. When your email provider thinks we are sending SPAM, they block our IP Address. This is what happened recently with "comcast" and "q.com" and "rr.com", and others.

We are working with the e-mail providers to conform to their "non-spammer" requirements. These changes will be implemented soon and when they are implemented, all of the email addresses that were considered bad because of the bounceback will be changed to not be bad (the bounceback will be deleted from the system, but the e-mail address will not be changed by the system).

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM - Response #8

Kyle Erickson wrote:

There are a bunch of email domain names that are treating our new "Notify Me" emails as spam. When your email provider thinks we are sending SPAM, they block our IP Address. This is what happened recently with "comcast" and "q.com" and "rr.com", and others.

We are working with the e-mail providers to conform to their "non-spammer" requirements. These changes will be implemented soon and when they are implemented, all of the email addresses that were considered bad because of the bounceback will be changed to not be bad (the bounceback will be deleted from the system, but the e-mail address will not be changed by the system).

Would or could a college's email system be doing the same (treating the messages as spam) for email being sent to it from our classmates.com hosted website? Even though we have our own domaine name, several emails we've tried to send to a classmate who is employed by the college have been sent back to us with blocking notifications. Or, for whatever the reason or reasons, could this be just the actions of the classmate?

Edited 07/30/12 9:33 PM
Monday, July 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM - Response #9

@Kyle - I was told from my email provider (Mediacom) that Cloudmark had Class Creator targeted as sending SPAM and that's why all CC emails were going to my JUNK folder. I contacted Cloudmark this morning and they "reset" (that's their term) whatever and Class Creator is no longer spammy. The first test email I sent myself still went to JUNK folder, but tonight when I got home I had 3 or 4 messages from CC web site in my inbox!!!!!!!! First time in 10 days!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM - Response #10

so how doI get this notice off my screen re the bouncback?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM - Response #11

click on the bounced email link (homepage) and it will take you to a page that will tell you whose bounced and you can view it to see why, then delete if you want

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM - Response #12

It is message from CC teling me they tried to e mail me and got a bounce back on my e mail address....there is no problem with my e mail address....but this message is stuck there at the top of every page I go to on the website!!!

Now I did get a bounce back of an e mail I sent to myself!!!
Some please help!!

JIM

Edited 07/31/12 9:43 PM
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM - Response #13

This issue may have been resolved. Let us know if your email address bounces again.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM - Response #14

E Can log in this am bounce back message is gone.but
still haveing problems with moving around our site. Have to constantly hit the refresh tab when I go from one page to another...checked IE and am told I have IE9 but stil haveing same problem..any suggestions??

J

Edited 08/02/12 9:03 AM
Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM - Response #15

Try hitting the F12 key on the keyboard, and across the top of the panel that comes up, look for "Browser Mode" and click on that, then select "Internet Explorer 9" from the menu.
Then, next to that, click on "Document Mode" and click on whichever entry includes the text "(Page default)".

Then, when the window has stopped doing stuff, close it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.