ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

thumbnail for link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/18/10 05:59 PM Views: 1413 Replies: 5
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM

When I send someone a link to the website on facebook, the thumbnail pops up where I ask for donations. It looks like it costs money to join the site. I don't want to eliminate the sidebar when donations are accepted, but I also don't want that to bet the first thing they see when i send the link. How do I fix that?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM - Response #1

On FACEBOOK, when you add a link, there is an arrow that will let you scroll through all of the graphics on the page. Click the arrow to find an image that is acceptable and then send the link to your classmate.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM - Response #2

It lets me change the PICTURE using that arrow, but not the text.....

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM - Response #3

I thought THUMBNAIL meant PICTURE.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM - Response #4

yeah guess I didn't explain myself well. There are a choice of pictures, but this text shows up too. Do you know what i mean?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM - Response #5

The two choices I think you have are:

1. Make the DONATION module be for LOGGED IN CLASSMATES ONLY. To do this, Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page Content. Click the check-box next to the DONATE MODULE under the Logged In Only section. Since FACEBOOK would never be logged in to your site, the DONATIONS module would never be seen by FaceBook when it gets the contents of your website to display it.

2. Move the DONATION module down further on the screen. Since Facebook is just getting the first few words it can find, it finds the donation module and if it found the BIRTHDAYS module, it would put that first.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.