ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

putting link in profile coments section

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/24/09 10:02 AM Views: 1641 Replies: 7
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Help, I give up. How can a class member (or an administrator) put a link to another website in the comments section of his/her profile? I tried following advice in this forum to edit a members profile comments section to put but it didn't work. There were two websites listed with an and in between. When I added the stuff above, both the actual web addresses disappeared and the and became a hyperlink to just one of them.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM - Response #1

Inserting a regular hyperlink will work, so something must not be right in the code. I'll need the Classmate Name so I can go in and see what's wrong.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM - Response #2

The name is Gretchen Bowder. It is not on the LA site, but on the HiltonFamily site. Bremen-ME-Hilton/1901/

She (Gretchen) put in see shoreschool.org and bagboys (I think) .com. I put the www. in front; didn't work. then I tried putting http:// in front of the www. Still didn't work. then I went to the help forums and found the suggestion about

thanks for help.

Diane

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM - Response #3

I can't tell you what the problem was as it looks like you removed the problem, which is fine, so I just took it from the top and created the two links. If you go into Profile edit mode for that Profile you can see the proper link code in there now.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM - Response #4

You are right, it works now. site name is in blue and underlined, but it wasn't when she put it in.
Thanks so much.

Diane

Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 8:33 AM - Response #5

hyperlink tht existed before hs now disappeared as of yesterday. Also another www address I put in does not show as a hyperlink. I'm obviously missing something, so will start from the beginning.

How do you insert a hyperlink in the comments section of a profile. Just typing www.mysite.org does not work.

Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #6

The only Profile field that will automatically display a hyperlink is the web address field. Here's a concise page that fully explains how to create a hyperlink. This will work in any other Profile fields.

Note, the class sites are set to not show underlines on hyperlinks. Just the blue text. If you want the link to be underlined just put a tag before the link text, and a closing tag after it.

Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM - Response #7

Thanks, that seemed to do it! I figured out what I was doing wrong was not adding the Name of the site and the after the URL. I thought the URL was all that was needed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.