ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Time Magazine "How Facebook is changing Class Reunions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/11 04:04 PM Views: 2392 Replies: 13
Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM

READ IT No mention of Class Creator -- but reunited.com is complaining about a decline in business.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM - Response #1

Thanks John! That is an interesting article. I passed on to our committee and we will discuss it at the next meeting.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM - Response #2

John Chidester wrote:

READ IT No mention of Class Creator -- but reunited.com is complaining about a decline in business.

Thanks, John. Isn't reunited.com one of the companies that searches for classmates? If so, I can see how they would see a decline in business.

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM - Response #3

Let's remember that sites like Reunited.com and Classmates.com simply do not do what this site does, and that is the personal connection. For those who are reading this, I am preaching to the choir, but it takes one or two people to literally man the site and watch everything going on and respond. That is the key, and it will always be the key!

Don't do it all yourself. Make sure the classmates themselves are trying to connect. Got a great story in just the last few days. Two people who had NO intention of coming are coming just to see each other! Opposite gender yes, but I don't expect some mad passionate love affair!

This is what this concept brings to the table. If we use it to it's fullest, and respond to questions and concerns, it will happen. We have built it and they WILL come!

And after the reunion, then we keep it going!

Denise

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM - Response #4

CC is different in that we like playing with the content (I do anyway) as well as the "reunite" aspect. Similarly, I did not use a canned music player but just wrote my own for exactlly the same reason - it's fun but not for everyone.

I think it's just a difference in who we are.Cool There will always be a place for site like CC where we can enjoy learning and sharing.

Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM - Response #5

The article is from June 2009, and while an interesting read, I will challenge that the author did limited research and presented a less than fair and balanced perspective.

For those that fear that Facebook will "take away" from their reunion experiences, rest assured that there is No Substitute
for the investment of your personal time and concern, as well as the uniqueness that ClassCreator has given us to create our own sites and "online reunions"!

In our recent experience, those that used their Facebook to "reunite" and bypassed the real thing have the most regrets among those that did not show up. They approached it much the same way, and missed out on the most precious reconnecting and the Very Best Reunion Yet!
We owe almost all our credit to ClassCreator and Brad and crew for their commitment to excellence and innovation!
The Facebook experience still reminds me of "the girls bathroom" experience in high school, where there was way too much information on so many levels, and much of the time, disingenuous.
ALL the other sites are too self-promoting and the emphasis is not on "creating the unique reunion experience" which ClassCreator has helped us discover amongst ourselves!
Thanks, ClassCreator and Brad and Invincible Crew!
We appreciate you and so do countless others who have been pleasantly surprised that they could "enjoy" their reunions and look forward to the next one!
Miracle Happen!
Go Pack Go!

kris

Monday, February 7, 2011 at 2:02 AM - Response #6

"Ditto" what Kris wrote. Wink

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM - Response #7

Hey guys....my post on here came up when I googled myself! I thought that was supposed to be fixed!!

DKD

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM - Response #8

That almost certainly has to be an old listing from before we made the switch. Due to numerous complaints from people who were reading the forums we ultimately let posts be visible but we blocked all names. Therefore they should no longer be Googleable. To see what I mean just click the Logout link above and views this page again. Everybody is now anonymous and all names are hidden from Google. The only way to see names now requires the viewer to be logged in.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM - Response #9

I don't know if you can see this but I am posting the link

http://forums.classcreator.com/print_messages.cfm?print=message&message_id=E1EA6444-A96B-3081-5917CC15CA8970C2&messageid=F5469E8D-049F-1AF6-39A020F077A4FA8D&r=17

It does give my complete name. Is is a possibility to change my full name to something like Gwen has done?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 2:20 PM - Response #10

I can see it - not logged in -. It's also odd since it appears to be from a "print" messages link. Indeed the links want to "print" on my system.

Link date: "Posted Sunday, February 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM"

and that's after the hiding of names and then some.

Edited 02/12/11 2:21 PM
Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 4:53 PM - Response #11

Ack! We removed all the names so search engines can't grab them anymore but we did NOT remove those same names if you actually click on the "Print Message" link. Google is following those Print Message links and picking up the names. An oversight on our part, sorry about that. Good spotting Jack! We'll fix that right away.

Edited 02/12/11 6:42 PM
Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ack!

I can relate to AckLaughing

Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM - Response #13

You now have to be logged in for the Print Topic and Print Message links to appear.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.