ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Mobile Devices

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/13 10:27 AM Views: 1150 Replies: 14
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

HI

Thanks for all you work this weekend! I can't wait to play around with the new features.

I don't know if you have seen this issue yet but I have found that I am unable to scroll all the way down to read long threads on my mobile devices (Samsung phone and Kindle Fire).

Thanks again.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM - Response #1

Thank you. What is your mobile device? I assume you are referring to the Member Forums page. I tested this on my Droid and have no problem scrolling to the bottom. Please let us know what kind of device and we will investigate.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM - Response #2

We use Message Threads in the Message Center as opposed to Member Forums to communicate. They get pretty long. We have had no problems viewing them in the past.

I have a Samsung Charge (Droid) and a Kindle Fire.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM - Response #3

I just logged in and viewed your thread called Celebrate 2013, which seemed pretty long, from my Droid Bionic. We will test other devices in the office. Thanks

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM - Response #4

After we launch the upcoming Facebook app we'll create a mobile app for it as well. If you're connecting with Facebook you'll be able to read the same data there. Aside from that we don't have plans for a mobile interface for Class Creator itself. Although we can certainly do some testing to make the current pages as compatible as possible with mobile. For the moment this is a ways down the list. But I have it noted here.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM - Response #5

I also have a classmate who is unable to scroll down the message forum after the upgrade on his mobile phone.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM - Response #6

I discovered that if I turn off the ability to IM in my profile my Kindle and phone can scroll through the messages

Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM - Response #7

Is the phone an iPhone?

Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM - Response #8

I just received a notice from Google Webmaster Tools. The opening paragraph:
Quote:

Google systems have tested 15 pages from your site and found that 100% of them have critical mobile usability errors. The errors on these 15 pages severely affect how mobile users are able to experience your website. These pages will not be seen as mobile-friendly by Google Search, and will therefore be displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users.

I would be happy to forward the entire email; just tell me where.

Friday, February 6, 2015 at 10:47 AM - Response #9

Please forward this message to customersupport@classcreator.com

Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM - Response #10

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Please forward this message to customersupport@classcreator.com

Done. Thanks!

Our 40th reunion is less than three months away, so this is NOT a great time to learn that our site's visibility is being reduced for smartphone users doing Google searches.

Edited 02/06/15 11:49 AM
Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM - Response #11

We will review the email and adjust wherever possible.

Friday, February 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM - Response #12

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

We will review the email and adjust wherever possible.

I was trying to address some line spacing issues in the announcements on our home page yesterday, and wound up examining the source code in the announcement editor. There were a lot of line-height: 1.6px; specifications in span tags. Changing them to 1.25em; helped the spacing considerably. I imagine that the use of fixed units like px instead of scaled units like em is one of the things that Google is flagging.

I also got rid of a lot of span tags by moving the style specifications into p and ul tags. That didn't change the appearance of anything, but I found that it made the code much easier to read.

Edited 02/06/15 12:41 PM
Monday, July 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM - Response #13

After reading the 2013 post about developing a mobile app, I'm checking to see if it is available. Some classmates only use their mobile phones and do not want to go through Facebook. Truly hope this is a reality now!

Monday, July 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM - Response #14

Hi Susie,

Yes you can switch to a responsive mobile and tablet ready design under Admin Functions > Change Design and then choose the Responsive Design We are working on adding some pre-built templates, however, there are a lot of things you can do with the system already if you want to check it out.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.