ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/27/10 04:38 PM Views: 1439 Replies: 3
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I have started receiving a few complaints that when the classmate logs in, and the "Remember Me" box is checked, it is not "remembering them". What should I tell them?
Esther

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM - Response #1

In order for the Remember Me feature to work, the classmate needs to have cookies turned on. The flag saying that they are logged on is stored on their computer in a cookie.

If the classmate has problems with cookies being turned on (think it is a privacy issue), they can read the FAQs about passwords

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Passwords

Questions #8 and #9 talks about cookies not being dangerous.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much. I knew you could help me.
Esther

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM - Response #3

It's important to remember that users often use different computers too, and some of them don't realize that the "Remember me" setting doesn't carry from one computer to another.

Also, users may clear their browser cache for some reason or another, for example, if they're using a work computer and their help desk / support people ask them to clear their browser cache for something work related, this may also affect cookies (clearing private data in most modern browsers defaults to erasing files for web sites you've visited as well as cookies for those web sites).

Sometimes, spyware cleanup programs will remove ALL cookies from your computer (this annoys the heck out of me!).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.