ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Receiving Duplicate New Classmate Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/27/10 04:13 PM Views: 1943 Replies: 11
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM

This is not critical. All of a sudden I am receiving duplicate "New Classmate Notifications" for every new classmate that joins.

What did I do to cause this?

Just noticed that all Admin. notices are being sent twice.

Thanks for help,
Cheryl

Edited 02/27/10 4:20 PM
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

You have two admins and both of them have a primary e-mail address of "xxx@douglascountyhighschool.net".

Since this is also your domain name, it is most likely that you have set up some kind of e-mail forwarding at www.classnames.net to forward your e-mail to a different e-mail address (your home or work e-mail). If this is the case, maybe the rule you have set up is forwarding ALL e-mail to you, even the e-mail meant for the other Admin with the "@douglascountyhighschool.net" e-mail address.

As you have already pointed out, all messages for any admin in your website goes to ALL admins in your website. After ADMIN RIGHTS comes out (later this week if it hasn't been delayed), you will be able to say which admins get which e-mails.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:49 PM - Response #2

Hi, Kyle,

My domain was already registered with DomainDiscover before I found out about CC. Within DomainDiscover, I have all emails addressed to cheryl@douglascountyhighschool.net coming to my regular email address; and, any messages addressed to the other admin is forwarded to her at her regular address.

These auto forwards have been set up for a few weeks now and were working fine. It's just all of a sudden that the duplicates are coming in and nothing has been changed in DomainDiscover.

No big deal. I have a nice DEL key on my computer and it will continue to work just fine till the new features are active. I'm patient. Just thought I'd ask what I've done to cause this.

I'm even getting duplicate notices from this forum.

Thanks for replying,
Cheryl

Edited 02/27/10 4:56 PM
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM - Response #3

Sorry, I am not sure, so I took my best guest. I guess it wasn't good enough.

Oh well. Win some, lose some.

There could be an issue with the program, but since it is Saturday, probably nobody is in the office and Brad is spending time with his dad.

Edited 02/27/10 4:55 PM
Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM - Response #4

I just sent you a CONTACT US e-mail - let me know if you received two of them.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM - Response #5

Thanks, again. It was a great guess and we are all so appreciative of such prompt replies from all of you.

The problem could stem from some of the changes they're making with those Admin features. If it is, they'll fix it at the right time.

Enjoy your weekend,
Cheryl

Monday, March 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

I just sent you a CONTACT US e-mail - let me know if you received two of them.

As you know from my direct reply, nope, just received one.

Cheryl

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 3:05 AM - Response #7

I have a similar situation. I have two emails as Admin and also get two notifications for every new classmate who signs up. I attribute this to having two emails - except that one email address my primary one is actually forwarded to another - and I get notifications from both of them. I do NOT get one to my secondary email. HOWEVER....two of our classmates are married. They use the same email address (on aol.com) and are not an Admin but they also get two notifications for EACH AND EVERY classmate that joins - just as I do; getting two emails I understand as there are two clasmates - but getting every notification that a classmate has joined (like an Admin) is strange. The notification is sent from me "Dick Rubinstein " I have checked with a few other classmates and they do not get these notices. The only difference I see here is that two classmates married and they both use the same email address; any suggestions to have this stopped or what is causing it?. They use an iPad.

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM - Response #8

Dick,

One thing I noticed is that Frank Zappalucci has your e-mail address as his alternate e-mail address. But I don't think that would be causing the problem.

Only the admin gets "new classmate notifications". Other classmates can sign up for PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS, but that is different and they must specifically sign up for each classmate they are interested in.

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM - Response #9

I don't know if my reply via email to: 'noreply" gets there, but if not, I said: You're right about Frank - That in itself is a long (and funny) story which you can read in his profile (he's not real). But it's the other classmate(s) with the email mejero@aol.com that is the real concern, as I am sure that they didn't and really could not have gone into each and every mate - even before they had signed up, to get their updates. So I'd like to get some info as to what to set/unset for them or me so they no longer get notifications...tnx

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 5:15 PM - Response #10

Both Mike and his wife Janis have the same email address in the system. They were also both signed up for receiving Profile Subscriptions from a large list of classmates - this is something they can turn on when they register and they might not have realized how many updates they would receive. I turned off all profile subscription notices for both in the system.

Because they both use the same email address any sitewide messages will come to both of them.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, December 30, 2011 at 4:05 AM - Response #11

Thanks very much. Shall notify both of them what they did, and what you did to fix it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.