ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Web cam enabled virtual reunion?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/26/11 04:14 PM Views: 1169 Replies: 2
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I searched the admin areas and found a virtual reunion thread (and the associated limitations using the group chat feature within the Class Creator group chat functionality...). Admittedly, I'm trying to get slick with this idea, and when you try to get slick...
So:
Has anyone attempted to run a Live web cam enabled chat reunion using something like Skype (which I know isn't a current option) or Yahoo Instant Messenger or the like? I've used Outlook's Live meeting for work, but that's my only experience with cam-enabled group meetings.

I know there are lots of web cam chat rooms open to the public (so to speak), and I know that security would be an issue, but I'm not so sure I want to recommend an application or site to my classmates that might lead them into "murky waters", so to speak.
I'm especially interested in Operating System compatability, connectivity speed requirements, base system requirements, etc.
I checked CNet, but there were lots of disclaimers for the freebies re' "don't let your child run this while unsupervised"...
Thanks,
Skip Guyer

Friday, July 29, 2011 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

Guess not, but I've found a way to make it happen (ustream tv). Thanks anyway.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 3:13 PM - Response #2

I use UStream to watch certain channels but have never really used it for other things or been the one to control it myself. This one is still a new one for me.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.