ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Zooming in on jpg

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/21/19 11:48 AM Views: 375 Replies: 1
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 11:48 AM

We have scanned our hs newspapers as jpeg files. That part went smoothly but is there a way to zoom in on the small print?

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 1:03 PM - Response #1

No sure if you meant just to make the whole image larger or to actually zoom in on just the text. I'm assuming you want to be able to read the text.

Don't know if you used the CC default image system (you clicked the "image" tool in the editor) or uploaded to your file vault - link tool in editor.

The default system degrades the size and quality of the images, so not recommended for "zooming". Instead, load the full size images (around 2000 wide?) to the file vault. That will work best with ALL the methods described.

The easiest (maybe) is to explain to users the browsers built-in features. Chrome, Firefox and Edge )etc) let one "zoom" on an image (the whole page) by pressing CTRL and the + key (or mouse scroller) to zoom and CTRL and the - key to reduce (and CTRL and the 0 key to restore to default). Portable devices use the 2-finger expand method.

You can also convert to a PDF and use that to zoom. There's a special code that I can post again showing how to do that so it embeds on a page.

You can also manually edit the size of the image (in source mode) to fit on the page (from the file vault) - suggest width=100% (don't use an explicit size), then link to the image - that will show full screen when clicked.

Or you can use the code I made to "zoom". Our Home Page has an example (not the first classmate stuff). Just click on an image down further and you'll see.

Can elaborate more depending on which one you want to use.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.