ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Free vs. Fee - Registration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/06/10 11:45 PM Views: 1957 Replies: 2
Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Another question:

I don't want to set up the reunion registration so that attendees don't pay until they get there; I want them to pay when they register. I see that there's a setting that lets you select one or the other.

However, I have some events which are free and some which are not. For those that are free, I have entered in a cost of $0.00. However, if I go register and attend ONLY free events, the appears to given an error if I try and complete registration. Does "pay when you register" mean that they must attend a event with a fee?

Thank you!

Nadia

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM - Response #1

Interesting scenario. I'd check the first radio button instead, and clearly put in your instructions that you want Classmates attending paid events to pay at the time of registration. In "Reunion Planner III" we'll be accommodating this scenario, although that's not going to help you right now. As you've pointed out, if you were to select the second radio button, Classmates would have no way of signing up to ONLY attend free events associated with your reunion. The worst that can happen with the first radio button selected is somebody registers for the reunion and doesn't immediately pay, which means you may have to email them and ask for payment.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 9:14 AM - Response #2

We are having a "no charge" Social on Friday Evening so what I have done in our registration page is ask two questions, "How many will be attending the Friday Evening Social", and "How many will be attending the Saturday Evening Main Event". If one plans on just attending the Friday Social, then they will indicate the number of people attending and then Continue, bypassing any of the Items for Sale. This will automatically send me an email to me with the questions. As Brad mentions, this is also a way to determine those who indicate they are attending our Main Event but didn't complete the Items for Sale option, so we have to call them to determine if they made a mistake or don't plan on attending. BTW, those questions use radial buttons that are mandatory questions to be answered when they register - I have the options as 0, 1, 2 and the guest name is optional.

Edited 06/07/10 9:17 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.