ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Question about Security (Blocking Public)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/23/09 11:45 PM Views: 1263 Replies: 1
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM

This is a question I've sent to technical support but I thought someone here might be able to help me with the answer .. please Smile ..

In our reunion packet we sent out a questionnaire and several classmates have returned .. they have said it is not a problem to share it with classmates. Some of these classmates DO NOT use internet and will not be registering for this site. They have said the information can be published online & shared with classmates only. As an administrator .. I know I can go to manage profiles and input the information. My question is this .. When I click on the privacy button (the top block button) it tells me I am setting it so that my classmate can never join. What if at some point in life .. they get internet .. decide to join the site .. can I unblock it at that time? .. can I just maintain their profile up to that point .. and when they join unblock the security and allow them to join? .. how does that work?

Thanks,

Brenda

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM - Response #1

It works precisely as you have described. Should the Classmate later decide to joijn, you'd need to remove the restriction, let the Classmate join, and then the Classmate him or herself could turn the restriction back on if desired.

FYI, and I suspect you already know this, but when you click on Manage Classmates, and then select the Enter/Edit Classmates button, make sure you select the second radio button (to display non member details) at the top of the page instead of the first (which will hide all the details you're about to enter).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.