ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Names showing on survey results

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/16/09 12:38 PM Views: 1388 Replies: 7
Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I have a survey on our site and recently set it to show results to the classmates. Most of the results are annonymous summaries except the questions with fill in answers. The answers are associated with the classmate's name who answered! I thought the results would be annonymous. I quickly reset the results back to administator only. I was hoping seeing the results would prompt more people to fill out the survey, as I only have 8 responses so far out of 54. Is there a way to get around this? Am I the only one seeing the associated names because I'm the admin? Jim

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

Hi James,

If you turn on the results of the survey to classmates they only see the summary of the results when they login - no individual classmate responses. The administrator can see more detailed responses. If you want to see what they are seeing you can create a test classmate login and then check the results.

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jessica for the quick response. I did what you suggested and everything is good. I'm going to keep that phony classmate! It's good to be able to see the site as others see it sometimes. Jim

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM - Response #3

Hi Jessica,

I am building a fill-in survey about favorite music in high school and had the same question about the classmate's names showing. I was wondering if only I could see the names when I opened the results to all classmates. Here are my questions: How do I set up a phony classmate registration? Will it allow me to use my email address to register as another fictional person, and do I need to add that fictonal person to my class list? Also, regarding the music survey, will it allow a classmate to submit more than one answer, or does the system only allow each classmate to answer once? Thank you!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM - Response #4

Hi Mary,

Only the admin can see the names for survey results - if you open up the results to the class they can see the summary results, however, they can't see individual names and their specific responses.

You can only respond to a survey once per login.

You can add a sample classmate under manage classmates - there is an option to show on class list (yes or no) on the details screen when you are adding the sample classmate.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM - Response #5

A follow up question: when I pose as the phony classmate and register to see my site as other non-admins see it, is it possible to have that name not show as an 'updated profile' on the home page? We have a small enough class that others would know that wasn't a classmate.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM - Response #6

OK, I set up a phony classmate and can now see my site as others see it. I didn't create a profile, so I see I don't need to worry about the 'updated profile' part. Regarding the fill in survey- I've tried going in each day and adding a song to the survey to increase interest, but when I add a song it simply replaces my earlier submission. So I'm wondering if the fill in survey feature only allows one submission per classmate.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 4:42 PM - Response #7

Correct. Yes, you can change an answer, but each Classmate's final submission is only counted one time. Otherwise the class results could get all "messed up" by Classmates submitting the same survey multiple times.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.