ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/05/14 11:04 AM Views: 1577 Replies: 13
Friday, December 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Hi Brad and Team,

I just started working on the new reunion planner. Let me begin by saying that I think the reunion planner is an awesome tool and has come a long way. I did find a few suggestions for future enhancements I'd like you to consider.

1) Can we somehow identify when a guest is also a classmate. My wife and I are both class members. If I enter her as a guest on my registration, it shows in the "Classmate Profiles" as one registered classmate and only my name. This forces married couples to register separately. Maybe you could build in a check box indicating that the guest is a classmate so both names register?

2) The map idea is great, but the location is a little awkward in that it separates all my reunion information from the events. Can this be made movable, or better yet tagged to each event? We are having events at several venues...it would be great to post a map for each event.

3) I know you've heard it before (from me and others), but PLEASE, PLEASE find time to add Avery #5392 3x4 labels as an option. My class has a clear preference for the larger nametags. I'd like to keep the smaller ones as well, we plan to use these for display boards for our veterans, decesased and missing classmates.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the great product. This website is absolutely essential for keeping our class together.!

Dave

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM - Response #1

The New Event Planner will have numerous enhancements. Let me address your 3... 1) This is still on the list but will not be included in the initial beta launch. However we absolutely want to address this in the live development of the Beta system. 2) We are going to have a new layout structure for the page that is generated by the Event Planner. This new layout will include an area for the map or ... yes, maps if there are multiple locations... that will run down the right column of the page. While it is not moveable in the current state, we will listen to recommendations for enhancements once the Beta version is available. 3) For the initial Beta launch of the new Event Planner, we are not immediately including the nametags, but will be adding that soon after beta launch and well before most admins would need to use the nametag system. I will forward your request the the 3x4 layout for consideration.

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Soott! Any timeline for the new event planner?

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM - Response #3

I don't dare. Smile

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM - Response #4

Gotcha...Razz

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM - Response #5

Gulp, well, I guess I will wait a littleRolling Eyes while before beginning the Reunion Planner for our 50th in Sept. 2015!

Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM - Response #6

Janet MacMillan wrote:

Gulp, well, I guess I will wait a littleRolling Eyes while before beginning the Reunion Planner for our 50th in Sept. 2015!

That's when they'll have it rolling out.

Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM - Response #7

Thanks for replying. Do you think they'll have it ready for me to use to plan our reunion next September, or they'll roll it out around September, and thus too late for me to use?

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM - Response #8

I sort of view planning a reunion as to sending a spacecraft to Mars. I'll use as an example.

Every two years or so, Mars and Earth reach their closest point, called “opposition”, when Mars can be as close as 55,000,000 km from Earth. And every two years, space agencies take advantage of this orbital alignment to send spacecraft to the Red Planet. How long does it take to get to Mars?

The total journey time from Earth to Mars takes between 150-300 days depending on the speed of the launch, the alignment of Earth and Mars, and the length of the journey the spacecraft takes to reach its target. It really just depends on how much fuel you’re willing to burn to get there. More fuel, shorter travel time.

On average, it takes a probe 7 to 8 months to get to Mars.

More resources, shorter time to get there.

In a reunion, at 8 to 12 months you should be at starting early-bird ticket sales and incentive programs. This is where the event planner comes in. If I'm planning a June reunion, the New event planner is out of the question. So go with what with Class Creator already has.
If I'm planning a Labor Day reunion, I could see a January - February launch of the new Event Planner.

I agree on the Name Tags. This is one of the last items that you need and can be launched in a second phase.

As I see it, what Class Creator is trying to do with the new Event Planner is a big leap. They would have become an authorized PayPal Partner. That's easier said than done . You have to jump thru a lot of hurdles.

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM - Response #9

Thanks! We are already planning, chosen the venue, searching for a caterer, etc. But not ready for ticket sales for a September Reunion. So will try to wait for launch of new Reunion Planner for that. BTW, we DID become a 501(c)(3) organization, so we can solicit tax deductible donations to help with the initial expenses and then donate profits to the school system. Needed to do that to get the venue we wanted at our new Town Hall. It wasn't as much work, or as expensive as one might think, but we do have an accountant on our committee.

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM - Response #10

For sure it's how much resource CC want to apply as to how fast or what gets implemented. For example, the 3X4 nametag format has been requested for years Cool Forum has many requests as well as a .doc format (that was tried but never finished) Idea

Don't think CC is going to be a PayPal Partner for the event planner since the money is coming directly to YOU not CC. IOW, pretty sure CC can't collect money for your class - but perhaps there is an extra approval layer now for using the API?

What was required was implementing coding APIs that feeds back that a payment was made and then show that in the Event Planner (it doesn't do that now). Again, no resources were given to make that happen sooner. (There's detailed info on the PayPal site explaining LINK.)

Scott Miller wrote:

As I see it, what Class Creator is trying to do with the new Event Planner is a big leap. They would have become an authorized PayPal Partner. That's easier said than done . You have to jump thru a lot of hurdles.

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM - Response #11

I know of another Reunion Company similar to Class Creator that's an authorized PayPal Partner

Edited 12/07/14 1:17 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM - Response #12

Sure but do they collect money for a class or just use it to pay their fees? If you give a hint as to what site I can better see what you mean.

The biggest problem is doing refunds if they actually collected FOR a class. Next is getting the money into your account since it would be in CC's account not yours (IOW, collecting money for you - legal?)

Last CC post on the event planner regarding PayPal sometime back merely indicated they had some final testing issues. The post was not very clear.

If CC collected the money how would you get the money transferred to your Class account? PayPal is super easy - CC is not (now) Shocked

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM - Response #13

Jack is correct, each person will link the new Event Planner directly to their PayPal account, i.e your money goes to you directly. We are not involved nor are there any extra fees on our end.

The new Event Planner is really terrific. It has been unfortunately delayed for several reasons but we're working hard to get it out the door before the influx of new reunions that always come in After Xmas. We are testing the latest developments now and if all goes well should have it out in beta format shortly so people can begin using it. Like most things here tweaks and additional development on the new product will be ongoing after launch.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.