ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Opt Out Feature

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/09/11 10:06 AM Views: 1434 Replies: 9
Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Please create an opt out feature. Some classmate members of the website may want to opt out from blast emails to the class, etc., but I'm not aware of any way to do that. I don't want to delete their email address because they need that to log in. It's too much to ask the administrator to remember every time a class email is sent to individually delete them from the send list. There should be a way for individuals to opt out from email messages and still remain a member of the website.

If this already exists, please let me know where/how. Thanks, Confused

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM - Response #1

Each classmate can "opt-out" by clicking the link at the bottom of each e-mail.

To unsubscribe from email notifications, please click here.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Response #2

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. Apparently the individual requesting to opt-out didn't notice it either. I'll let him know, but I'm not sure he still has the email notification. Is there any way for a site administrator to opt-out for him? Smile

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM - Response #3

just send him another e-mail. He can then click the opt-out.

No there is no way to opt-out without clicking on the e-mail link.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 6:14 PM - Response #4

If a user clicks the "Unsubscribe" option in an email to the class, does that mean that they will not get individual notifications of message emails from other classmates?

Thanks

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM - Response #5

Liz,

Yes, that is currently what it means.

There is a new feature being developed called "Notify Me" that when they click that link in the future will take them to the "Notify Me" page where they will be able to select which types of e-mails they want to stop receiving. When NOTIFY ME is released, the "Profile Subscriptions" link will go away and be replaced with the "Notify Me" link on the left-side navigational menus. The "Profile Subscriptions" e-mail will be replaced by one e-mail with all of those classmates who celebrate their birthday listed in the same e-mail, so you won't be receiving multiple e-mails for multiple classmates having birthdays.

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM - Response #6

I specifically would like to know if classmate #1 sends a private message to classmate #2 (who has opted out of the emails to the class function), will classmate #2 receive individual classmate emails. (I wasn't asking about birthday message but, good info to know.) Thanks

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM - Response #7

Liz,

I don't know for sure, but I don't think they would get the e-mail (because they have opted out), but when they logged in to the website, they would see "You have 1 Message" at the top-right corner so that they would know that a classmate tried to contact them.

Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM - Response #8

Could the update include a checkbox to receive email notifications of classmate messages? Thanks.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Response #9

Hi Liz,

All of these settings will be in one place for each user when Notify Me comes online, so we're not going to modify the existing mechanisms in the interim. We hope to have Notify Me in place soon, but it is a big project and we don't have a lot of resources to put into it, so it is impossible to reliably predict when it will be available.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.