ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Non Class Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/09/15 10:18 PM Views: 815 Replies: 15
Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Working on a non class site. How do you remove the word "Classmate" from Classmate Profiles page. Was able to remove most other occurrences. Also, on the Freebie with Ads can you activate a forum? Plan on going Premium when I iron out the bugs.

Thanks

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM - Response #1

The place to change "Classmate" and "Classmates" to another word is on the PREFERENCES page.

Which website are you talking about? The one associated with this message is Huntington Beach HS 1959

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM - Response #2

I found which one you were talking about.

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:41 PM - Response #3

Hmmmmmm, I did go to that page........ will check again. It was like a global change but this didn't get changed.

I just signed up today and April 1st will change it to a premium. I guess I need to tell you to disassociate the site from the school/year I selected:

http://www.classcreator.com/Huntington-Beach-California-1901

Thanks for all your help.

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:50 PM - Response #4

For "Classmate Profiles" at the top of the page, you can change the title of different pages on the Edit Site Pages, then click on EDIT LINK, then expand the "Open page info and optimization" link and you will be able to change "Classmate Profiles" to "Family/Friends Profiles"

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:51 PM - Response #5

For "Classmate Profiles" at the top of the page, you can change the title of different pages on the Edit Site Pages, then click on EDIT LINK, then expand the "Open page info and optimization" link and you will be able to change "Classmate Profiles" to "Family/Friends Profiles"

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:52 PM - Response #6

Whewwwwwww, I'll try it. Thanks for all your help over the years.

Bev

Monday, March 9, 2015 at 11:14 PM - Response #7

Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:37 AM - Response #8

You're welcome!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 5:02 PM - Response #9

Another question. I would like to have the history/videos for 1965 but my non-class address is listed as 1901. The history/videos says "unavailable". Is there away around this?

Thanks.........

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM - Response #10

Hi Beverly,

I've assigned the year 1965 to your site so it will display the History/Videos. You have the link turned off under Edit Site Pages > 1965

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 6:39 PM - Response #11

Thank you........ that did it. This doesn't change the original website address does it? If someone is searching for 1965 it won't go to my non-class website...correct? It will be getting a domain name for it in April.

I appreciate the help.

Bev

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 8:59 PM - Response #12

The 1901 website URL is still the website associated with your website. It is just 1965 that is associated with your videos.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM - Response #13

I have made a mess. On my non-class site
http:/www.Classcreator.com/Huntington-Beach-California-1901
The menu item called: Wedding Pictures
When I edit the site, I get the following message and it hangs up

"Classcreator.com is not responding due to a long-running script.

I was able to delete the two glitter word generators but now can't get out of the editing.

HELP !!!

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM - Response #14

We do not recommend the MARQUEE-type animation. I deleted them from the page. It should work again for you.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 11:55 PM - Response #15

Such fantastic support............thank you so much. I just couldn't seem to delete the code on my end.

You saved me......... again !!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.