ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

moving classmates to in Memory page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/22 05:12 PM Views: 3886 Replies: 17
Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 5:12 PM

How do I move a classmate that has not joined to the in Memory page. If Classmate is not included in the dropdown list you must first add the Classmate to your site as an active Classmate. Thanks for your help.

Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 5:22 PM - Response #1

If they are already on your class list regardless of if they have joined go to Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > In Memory > Edit Page and they should be in the search or dropdown list under the content editor - just above the list of existing In Memory entries.

If they are not listed there you would first need to go to Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/edit Classmates and choose Add Member to add their name to your list.

Once added to the list you can follow the instructions above for adding to the In Memory page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Edited 05/02/22 8:31 AM
Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 8:01 PM - Response #2

For a classmate who has not joined your site but has now recently passed away, when you add them to the Classmate Profiles list in order to create an In Memory entry for them, do not check the box just above SAVE CHANGES that says "Show this change as a profile update in the "Profile Updates" box on the home page, as well as notify classmates subscribed to this profile that it has been updated." If you check the box, classmates may think the deceased classmate joined before he/she passed away.

Edited 05/02/22 8:04 AM
Monday, May 2, 2022 at 6:12 PM - Response #3

Thank you very much for your help

Monday, May 2, 2022 at 6:12 PM - Response #4

Thank you

Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 4:39 PM - Response #5

I’m trying to add a classmate to my in memory list but she doesn’t come up on the list any longer. She was there at one point in time and I saved her. But now I have the details of her death but she’s not on the 2022 List of deaths so when I tried to find her again to add her to the list she’s no longer on the pop list of classmates. When I went back to the manage classmates page to see if she’s there, she was there. How can I get the classmate into the in memory page? Her name is Martha Ann Montgomery and she passed August 5, 2022! Please help!

Edited 09/29/22 4:41 PM
Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 8:38 PM - Response #6

Hi Ann,

I see that Martha A. Montgomery is listed on the In Memory page under 2013.

You can update her details by going under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > In Memory > Edit Page.

Scroll down to 2013 to find her name, and select the Edit button.

You can update her year of death so that she shows up under 2022 by hitting the drop down list of years above the editor and next to the word, "Deceased:"

Don't forget to save your changes when done Smile

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Monday, January 2, 2023 at 2:55 AM - Response #7

Thanks, Kelcie. I never received an email from the site so I finally decided to find my question to remind myself what my problem was !

Monday, January 2, 2023 at 2:55 AM - Response #8

Thanks, Kelcie. I never received an email from the site so I finally decided to find my question to remind myself what my problem was !

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 4:25 PM - Response #9

I was recently made aware of the passing of a classmate whose name does not appear on the Classmate Profiles page. He passed away two years ago. I followed the instructions in Response #1 above and successfully added his name to Classmate Profiles page by just entering his first and last name as I have no other information. However, that changed how my Edit/Enter Classmates page is displayed.

Before I added him, the Enter/Edit Classmates page was one long continuous page, but after I entered him, that page displays as multiple pages with 50 names per page. I then deleted him and that page returned to one long page. I much prefer one long page.

How can I add his name without changing how the Enter/Edit Classmates page is displayed?

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 4:42 PM - Response #10

Hi Jim,

It is an automatic change. Go ahead and add the name and I will check to see what I can do for the display for you.

Let me know when you add them.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:57 PM - Response #11

Jessica,

I just added Wayne Cummings and the page went to individual pages of 50 names each.

Jim

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 6:40 PM - Response #12

Hi Jim,

It is showing everyone on one page. There is still a page splitter listed - not sure I can get rid of that but the page is all one page with everyone.

Jessica

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 9:24 PM - Response #13

Using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers on my desktop PC, I see only one page for all the names, with no page splitter listed. Looks like it's fixed!

Friday, January 20, 2023 at 10:33 PM - Response #14

Jessica,

You fixed it. Thank you. The page splitter at the bottom may have been there before, but I seldom scrolled down that far to notice. I only noticed it when I added the classmate and the page was limited to 50 names.

Scott,

I am using Google Chrome and there is a page splitter at the bottom with a drop down menu for 11 pages. Every page takes me to the complete, one page list which works for me.

Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 3:56 AM - Response #15
Classmate Profiles list.jpg

Jim,

Interesting that at the bottom of your Classmate Profiles page you see a page splitter with a drop down menu for 11 pages, and I don't see it (see attached screen shot of the bottom of your Classmate Profiles page). I'm using Google Chrome on a desktop PC.

Edited 01/21/23 4:01 AM
Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 11:01 AM - Response #16

Scott,

It is not the Classmate Profiles page that shows a page splitter, it is the Edit/Enter Classmates page under Manage Classmates. When I added the name of a deceased classmate, it went from one long continuous page to 11 pages of 50 names each. Jessica was able to get it back to one continuous page, but it shows a page splitter at the bottom which I can live with.

Thanks for your willingness to be of assistance.

Jim

Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 4:31 PM - Response #17

Jim,

Thanks for updating me on my error in thinking it was the Classmate Profiles page versus the Enter/Edit part of the page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.