ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Update to Profile Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/17/13 11:45 AM Views: 909 Replies: 14
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Scott and Brad,
I am sorry to say that I do not like the update to the profile page. Just when I have everybody on board, it is now changed. In my opinion, the page is cluttered, whereas the prior page was easy to read.

Also, the comments that classmates had written on various profiles are gone. Can we at least get those back. Please. They were sincere and meaningful comments.

Just tried to edit current photos and that option does not work. How do we re-size the photos now?

I still love the rest of the site and I don't mean to criticize. Thanks for all you do.
Tracey Hanson Janssen

Edited 12/17/13 12:01 PM
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM - Response #1

TWO more things. It is not visible to others whether or not a classmate is going to the reunion. This was a great question, as many of us were emailing the people that said "maybe" in hopes of convincing them to go. Now, classmates cannot see their answer.

Also, on MY profile page it says, Tracey Hanson update HIS profile 1 minute ago. I am a female.
Sad

Edited 12/17/13 12:56 PM
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM - Response #2

I like some changes:
new picture capabilities, but see below

Don't like:
default showing all messages & all interactions -- should be a choice of date range, person, number, or such filters

do you really want user to be able to easily remove the yearbook picture? -- Under what circumstances would a user replace the yearbook picture that the admin uploaded?

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Everyone,

The profile discussion is under NEW FEATURES section and titled New & Improved Profile System <-- Click on that link to join the discussion. You will read that your comments are being worked on.

Please copy and paste your above comments in the other thread so we may address everyone's concerns.

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM - Response #4

We are working on the bugs and will be taking into consideration many of the comments and suggestions that flow into the forums. Please see Gwen's link above to take you to the thread that is best suited for these comments and suggestions.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM - Response #5

I like the look. I have had one classmate update already. It is friendly and a much more social looking layout. I'm good with it - Patte

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM - Response #6

I can't even get to Gwen's page now, so it must be overloaded.
I have had one classmate update his profile this morning and the profile says he has updated his now photo and his then photo………but it is the same photo. I went in to manage classmates to delete the one photo and my personal photos on my profile page came up. EEEkkkk Please check it out. His name is Robert Miller.
Thank you.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #7

I can't find the link you are talking about Gwen.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Response #8

Scott and Brad,

Regarding my previous email. Now when I go to ANY classmate profile through the Manage Classmates option, my personal photos come up on all of the classmates when I click on the classmates photos

HELP

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM - Response #9

I, also, am not thrilled with the new page. I have already gotten complaints about missing comments and the inability to post comments on profiles like we used to be able to do. Also, after this change to the new format, the pictures I have posted on my profile are all out of order. This thing really needs some serious tweaking. Lee Gilmore

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM - Response #10

Hi Max,

The words NEW & IMPROVED above are linked to the thread. Here is the URL: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....C17-D1BEB976B3F63805

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM - Response #11

I'm not opposed to change and like the image and top line summary features; however, I tend to agree with Tracey in that the voluminous "comment" boxes make it look cluttered--reminds me of Facebook. Why not have just one "comment" box and skip all the miles of scrolling?

I just question 'who cares' what topic visitors are responding to--the important thing I think would be interaction!

Edited 12/17/13 3:09 PM
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM - Response #12

Hi Bob,

Good to see you again. Please go to the link above which is the original thread on the topic. The discussion on your comments and more are over there.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM - Response #13

New and Improved topic has been removed GWEN. Neither one of your links work.

I'll post there when the link becomes active. For now:
-------------------------------------------------

'Potential' user Comments after every single entry is interfering with reading a profile. It creates a disjointed reading experience. If people want to make a comment, the way it was before is much better since it preserves the flow. Imagine reading a book and after every paragraph there's a large GAP.

The rare case that someone would make a comment on a specific area is very rare (for our class). This is almost attempting to make it a "social" layout, but a profile is not really meant to be a social experience exchange. At least not for me.

Overall, the pictures as done before are better at full size - even that was marginal at 626 wide. (There also needs to be an INSTRUCTION to the user to click on a picture to get a gallery view. That's not obvious.)

Reduced size (320 wide) profile images make page look very odd, as if something is missing. Why all that white space? Just for comments that normally will NOT be present. Also why put a user profile picture next to each -potential- comment space. Again very odd. This is NOT FB.

If CC insists, should just be a single small "comment" button that expands to a full entry. Having a large empty entry -even if nothing is posted- is very wasteful of precious space.

The gallery browse view needs to have pictures at FULL resolution vs clicking on an image. Clicking on them is very awkward since it goes to a NEW tab.

See how I ZOOM with a script. But the images should be full size in the first place. There is lots of room there. Comments are going to be very rare.

Summary:

Make the pictures full size (as before) in both normal view and gallery view (no clicking please, unless you make it an actual zoom). Comments on every section make no sense. There are very few comments now on the profiles. And we know they will all be at the BOTTOM - together. That's the logical place to look.

Hopefully some others agree that these relatively simple changes can make this a much better visual experience.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM - Response #14

I believe the thread is: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....C17-D1BEB976B3F63805

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.