ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Ticket Purchases and Emails that go with those purchases?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/04/09 08:11 PM Views: 1191 Replies: 1
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I will do my best to explain my problem/question and hopefully we can figure out how to resolve the issue.

Using the old ticket/reunion purchase option w/ PayPal, I receive three emails when someone signs up for the reunion. The first letting me know the person registered. The second letting me know they plan to buy the ticket and the third after they hit submit but haven't necessarily “purchased” the tickets. Therefore, I have no idea besides working with the person who transfers money from the PayPal account to our Reunion Bank Account as to who has actually purchased the tickets and who haven’t. Do you know how to tell the difference of who is actually coming to the reunion as opposed to those who are just saying they are coming? Another thing to note, there is NO difference between the 2nd and 3rd emails - everything is EXACTLY the same...

I hope I explained this properly; any help will be much appreciated!

Edited 05/04/09 8:13 PM
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM - Response #1

Suffice it to say that Reunion Planner II, which is now live in the system of course, eliminated this and many other issues if you're accepting credit card payments directly at your site. In your case, since you're finishing your reunion planning with the original Reunion Planner I, the only way to know when somebody has paid you is when you actually get the payment receipt directly from PayPal. At that time the best practice is go go into your Attendees Management Area and log the payment so you can see at a glance which Classmates have actually paid. There is no better solution for this in your scenario, other than using the new reunion planner, which in your case is too late this time around. But, next reunion, you'll love it. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.