ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Discussion Board

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/04/09 07:49 PM Views: 1199 Replies: 2
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I would like to know how to get our discussion board to be a "running" dialogue instead of having to click on the topic to open and see the posts. I noted on another class site that theirs is a real time, running discussion that posts comments one after the other . . . I can't figure out how to change the settings. Thanks!

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 7:59 PM - Response #1

What you might have seen was the old forum layout. It was simplier but no room for growth. The new layout you can have several different subjects going at once. Much like this forum is. The other way you had one forum going and talked about anything.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 8:53 PM - Response #2

That's right. Newly created sites only have the new threaded forums. The problem with the old forums was that multiple conversations and topics had to take place all over the top of each other. There was no semblence of organization at all. No way to subscribe to threads so things can come through email. No editor, no spell check, no photo avatars, on and on -- I know it takes just a little more getting used to than the original forums with never ending discussion thread, but I think you'll ultimately have a lot more success with the threaded forums format.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.