ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

downloading video from you tube

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/13/10 10:03 PM Views: 1353 Replies: 1
Monday, September 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I created a slideshow on YouTube and bought two songs through I Tunes. It was 7 minutes long, downloaded perfectly, embedded perfectly and looked great on my Reunion Registration page.
Came back 5 hours later and it is gone. Saw where I received an email from YouTube saying the songs were owned by Sony.
Now what do I do. I have it in my ITunes playlist and created it on IMovie on my Mac. It is an M4v format.
Thanks for your help. Frances

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 10:38 PM - Response #1

You need to republish the slideshow without those copyrighted songs. Unfortunately you buying those songs on iTunes does not give you the right to republish them on a web site. If you want the presentation to have music you need to use music you have the right to redistribute. Or you can add a Playlist.com player to the page to give it music, although the slideshow and the music would be separate. You can also use Gallery Creator to create a slideshow with music and embed it on your Reunion Registration page, but again you should use music you have the right to rebroadcast or you can get yourself in trouble.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.