ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

posting pics on a bulletin board background

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/06/08 02:19 PM Views: 1587 Replies: 4
Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I LOVE the whole bulletin board with the little push pins theme you have for your site and I wanted to keep the theme when posting pics ~ so I did something up in my scrapbook factory software program ~ I found a bulletin board backing on the internet and created a page of graduation pics & 10 year reunion pics ~ see "Graduation Pics !!" link ..... and "10 Yr Reunion Pics" link from my home page....

I even figured out how to make the cool shadow effect like you Very Happy

my only problem is that I can't find little push pins to add to my master pieces because all the push pins I copy from the internet have white backgrounds and look stupid when I try to add them to my pictures in scrapbook factory .... Crying or Very sad

so my question is ~ Can you make some sort of picture template with a cork board backing and push pins like you have on your site so that we could use and just add our own pics ???

or can you send me the push pin pic to see if I can use it in my pictures ?? depodol@aol.com

Thanks
Christine M Bryant
San Dimas Class 1989

Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM - Response #1

You guys are so creative... Smile Using survey pages for pictuers, Playlist players with photographic backgrounds (that's pretty cool) and you've emulated our bulletin board design theme well. Congrats! Very nice.

FYI, our upcoming photo galleries have various themes, and one works kind of this way, where the pins will tack up the photos automatically. Should be coming out in early '09.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop? If so I'd be happy to send you some transaprent pushpins in psd format and you can simply use those.

Edited 12/06/08 5:53 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 8:41 PM - Response #2

What? You can have photographic backgrounds on playlists? Cool! How does one do that?

And can I embed a playlist onto a profile page? I tried it several ways on the In Memory page and the only way I could do it was to paste the html code into a comment box, which isn't really ideal.

Thanks,
Retha
www.lasplumas69.com

Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 10:17 PM - Response #3

What's not ideal about it specifically? Typically you'd just paste this code into the YouTube videos box. Although if you wanted you could add a box specifically for PlayList players using Profile Generator. That way those Classmates who wanted to utilize it could do so.

Edited 12/07/08 3:18 AM
Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 3:12 AM - Response #4

Crying or Very sad I don't have Adobe Photoshop Crying or Very sad

thank you for the compliments Very Happy there is 7 of us on the reunion committee but I'm the only one that is doing the reunion site Very Happy

I'm having a blast trying to figure everything out !Very Happy

Thanks!
Christine M Bryant
San Dimas Class 1989

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.