ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Copy From Home Page - Paste to Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/19 09:33 PM Views: 598 Replies: 7
Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 9:33 PM

For years I have copied pictures and text from our Home Page into a Global email. Suddenly I can only paste as unformatted text.

Am I doing something wrong or has something changed on the site?

JacarandaIslander.com

Monday, June 3, 2019 at 4:04 PM - Response #1

Hi Woody,

I tested this and it worked for me. It is possible you may have accidentally selected some of the built-in home page items like the right hand column that may not format correctly when copied onto another page. Double check what you have selected and try it again. We haven't changed anything that would restrict it.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 4:28 PM - Response #2

It's happening again.

For years I have been copying the main items from our home page and pasting into a weekly global email. It has worked flawlessly, with an exception back in June. (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V)

I select everything on the home page - that I've added.

For the past couple of weeks, when I paste into an email the background comes up blue: background-color: rgb(0, 51, 255)
I can go to source and change the background to "transparent", but this is a real pain since it has to be done for every topic. And there is no search and change function that I can find.

This happens both in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. I'm running Windows 10 and current versions of Edge and Chrome.

I would like to copy and past from our Home Page to Email while retaining the background shown on the Home Page - if any.

Monday, August 19, 2019 at 5:56 PM - Response #3

Hi Woody,

It must be picking up something from the page background. If you go into Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit and click the "source" button on the editor you can copy the entire source of the home page so it doesn't pick up anything other than the home page content.

When you go to Email the Class and get to the editor just click "source" in that editor and paste it in. When you click "source" again you will see just the home page content with the background as you have it on the home page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 4:36 PM - Response #4

I am still having the problem of copying information from the home page and pasting into an email. While text and images copy and paste, all formatting is lost.

Almost all Text pastes as left aligned.

All Text pastes all black - text color is lost.

Images post at their original size, not the "Image Properties" size.

I sent a "newsletter" out each Sunday by coping and pasting everything on the home page to the email.

Help! It is a real pain to go through and correct formatting on these emails.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Woody

Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 9:43 PM - Response #5

Can't see any of your pages, however, if you copy and paste from ANY web page (not just CC), the formatting on those pages relies on CSS styles (definitions that determine formatting). When you copy all you get is the raw html but not the underlying CSS that controls the formatting.

IOW, what is happening is probably normal. Perhaps before you did not invoke any special formatting and that's why it worked?

If you take a screenshot of the content and send that in the email, that will retain the 'formatting' look since it's an image, not html. Firefox makes this really easy now.

Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 10:52 PM - Response #6

Hi Woody.

If you are using Email the Class (sending the email from your site*), copy the text from the SOURCE and paste it into the SOURCE of your email.

*added for new admins Smile

Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:58 PM - Response #7

As I stated, I can't see what is copied, but inferred from the description that some overriding (CC) CSS is being used (or missing a construct). The background for sure would be one of those. Email uses a slightly different method for displaying html.

Copying the source will NOT work if **ANY** styles are used that rely on CC CSS styles or a sequence is left out.

Copying in "source mode" is no different than copying CTRL+C (assuming the same section is copied).

IOW copying the page (as stated - CTRL+C and then CTRL+V directly into the CC editor - NOT source mode), it actually copies the code the same as if you copy the source. IOW, the full html code is copied. Try it and see.

It will look fine so long as you are on the CC site because all the CSS is active, but the email received will not have that CSS active OR is not displayed the same because of email differences.

It's sorta deceptive since it will look OK in the "email the class" but when sent will not look the same when received.

If the actual page could be seen and what was copied, it would be easier to see what is going on. Also assuming he's using the CC email system.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.