ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

members posting announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/06/08 01:49 PM Views: 1418 Replies: 4
Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM

what if we don't want the members to have access to post announcements ?? how do we turn that off ?? The Reunion Committee wants only the admin to have control over the announcements ....

thanks
Christine M Bryant
San Dimas Class 1989

Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM - Response #1

nerver mind =D I figured out the all announcements made have to be approved by the admin =D that's good ! Very Happy

thanks
Christine M Bryant
San Dimas Class 1989

Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM - Response #2

Smile

Just FYI for anyone else reading, you can turn off Announcement completely if you want to under your edit home page area.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM - Response #3

Hi Brad and team, a member submitted an announcement on my family site and I only found out because I happen to call him to wish him happy birthday. Are we not supposed to get an email notification,or an alert of some kind, when announcements are submitted so we can verify and post them? (This is my first experience with a member submitting an announcement)
Thanks

PS, after posting this I notice on my logo here, "class of 1900" did not change over to what is showing on the site and date created is today, not the actual date of a few weeks ago?

Edited 12/23/08 12:14 PM
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM - Response #4

Your "Joined" date here is not the date your site was created. It's the date that you first logged into these forums.

Your year would have changed eventually. Some things in the forums are cached for awhile. Long story -- but it should update shortly.

Yes you get a notice when somebody submits an Announcement. Are you using the same email address you're using on your other site? Check spam and junk email folder in case it when there? Whitelist postmaster@classcreator.net? Let's make sure you're recieving postmaster@classcreator.net email. Try sending an invitation to yourself from the Missing Classmates box on your home page and see if you get it. That comes from postmaster@classcreator.net. If you're not getting that, then we'll need to figure out where the block is.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.