ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Another success story

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/09 08:24 PM Views: 1286 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM

To all,
The MCHS Class of 69 Reunion has come and gone. With almost 100 classmates plus spouses, partners, and family we filled the Clifty Inn Overlook Room in Madison, Indiana. Our nametag buttons were delightful, our photographer took fabulous pictures, our raffle brought in $1000 for a classmate's Relay for Life team, the decorations were outstanding, the dinner was super, the memory slide show and class slide show were impressive and everyone seemed genuinely thrilled with the event overall. (OK the music didn't work as well as planned but otherwise...)

Most of those who attended were people who were registered on our website. The power of ClassCreator was evident in all aspects of the reunion. And the question everyone was asking during the reunion...Will you keep the website? And I said, "Absolutely!

CC staff and all of the people on CC who share so freely should pat themselves on the back for helping to make our reunion such a success. I "stole" something today from some generous soul.

As part of the reunion we put the names of deceased classmates on business cards and tied a red bell to them. (Red and white were our colors) The theme of the memorial slide show was every time a bell rings an angel get his wings. As the photos of classmates changed on the screen you could hear the bells being rung. It was quite lovely.

But to top it off, I was given a crown to wear the night before at our cocktail party that was given by two of our classmates. (Their budget was $2000---I would have served chips and soda.) Anyway, because of the website I now have a lovely tiara and a trip the 'Tween Waters Inn in Captiva FL that was given to me by my classmates. I certainly don't deserve the trip, Embarassed and I can't really share it with all of you. But in my heart you all deserve it.

Thanks...K aka The Queen Very Happy

Edited 09/30/09 10:08 PM
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM - Response #1

Well that was very nice. Smile Thanks for sharing it Karen.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM - Response #2

Congratulations on a successful reunion! What you did for your deceased if very sweet. Your site looks great. I love your In Memory Smilebox slide as well as the Memories one...very well done. Nice to be thought of as a queen! Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.