ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

yearbook photo's

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/22/11 08:59 PM Views: 1274 Replies: 6
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I in in the process of upload pictures for our "In Memory". I noticed that when you go to "In Memory" list it shows the Rose and the flag but not picture. Is it possible to show picture too?

Also, I a few people are sending me yearbook photos. I found the yearbook photo upload but when I upload to someone without a profile it does not show. Do I need to do anything for this? Also, what happens to the profile picture if I upload a yearbook picture?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 8:50 AM - Response #1

1. The PHOTO icon is for Profile Photos, meaning that the classmate has uploaded photos of himself. The photo upload for In Memory is for a photo that will replace the YEARBOOK PHOTO to be displayed with the In Memory page. There is no place to upload PROFILE PHOTOS for a deceased classmate unless you go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then click on the PHOTOS link for the classmate. These profile photos would not show up on the IN MEMORY page, but would show up if you had the option to show the classmate's profile link at the bottom of the classmate's IN MEMORY entry.

2. Edit Site Pages, Edit Classmate Profile page, the option "Allow only logged-in Classmates to view Yearbook Photos." must be checked for you if the yearbook photos are not showing up.

3. not sure what you mean "profile picture" vs. yearbook picture. Any photos uploaded by a classmate go in a separate area that is only for profile pictures. The yearbook photo is uploaded to a separate place and is always displayed at the top of the profile when the classmate profile is displayed. Does that answer your question?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

Check out our 1942.
1. I have a classmate who had a profile and I then upload a photo via yearbook photo. I was not sure if classmate had a previous photo or not. Would I have deleted a photo?
2. I think if I upload a "yearbook photo" for someone without a profile the icon for the picture will not show on list. Correct?
3. I uploaded photos -1942- via photo upload for -non profiles- and the icon shows that there is a picture for that person.
4. If a person without a profile but has a picture goes to In Memory will the picture show up in IM? How about icon?

Sorry for the unclear messages. I always seem to be in a hurry when I write these things.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM - Response #3

For 1942, you uploaded a profile photo, not a yearbook photo. There is a difference. Try this for 1942...

Classmate Profiles
Click on 1942
now click on the checkbox "Show Yearbook Photo"

you will see that only one person on the first page has a yearbook photo. All the rest have an uploaded photo, but it isn't the YEARBOOK PHOTO.

1. Uploading a YEARBOOK PHOTO puts it in a special place, it doesn't put it in the PROFILE PHOTOS section, so no, it wouldn't have overwritten any of the classmate's profile photos.

2. Correct. The CAMERA (photo icon) is only for the photos uploaded through the "Edit/Upload Photos" link or the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then PHOTOS link.

3. Correct - not a YEARBOOK photo (see the "Show Yearbook Photo" link)

4. You can activate the link at the bottom of the In Memory entry for the classmate to have a link to their profile. Other than that, no, those photos don't show up automatically.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM - Response #4

Kyle,

Got it! I think I must have missed this new feature. I am nut sure if I saw it before. I think it is great! Of course since I loaded 1942 I will have to load 1925-2011. That only leaves me with 26,792 to go! What are you doing for the Holiday?

As for #4 above if I load a picture for IM then even if you click "profile" that picture will not show. Correct?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM - Response #5

FYI: Yearbook photos have been in the product for a long time. I wouldn't consider it a "new feature". You probably just didn't see it.

When you click on the Classmate Profiles, then on a deceased classmate, it will only show the In Memory page for the classmate. To see the profile page for the classmate, you would then need to click on the link on the bottom of the page to see their profile.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM - Response #6

Well at least new to me.

As for IM -you can see that this seems to be my highest priority- What I have done with the picture if someone in in IM and do not have a Rose I will load picture. Then I have to make a comment underneath so that the Rose appears. From what you just said I think I will still have to do this since the YB picture is in a special place.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Have a nice Thanksgiving.

ray

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.