ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion photos and permissions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/23 12:33 AM Views: 140 Replies: 2
Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 12:33 AM

We just had our 50th reunion. Due to the new digital age and social media sites, is anyone using a disclaimer and/or permission to allow sharing of the pictures?

Specifically, I paid for our photographer for the reunion. I received the gallery and want to post it. Then, I was second guessing this process.

Is anyone emailing those that attended asking them if they have an issue with their photos possibly being shared on social media sites, to let me know.

I realize this becomes a free fall type of situation since it is so very easy to share pictures now.

How is anyone handling this? The gallery I have from photographer is a link so I thought I would email to all that attended but this link might just spread like a wildfire.

Am I overthinking this? Let me hear your thoughts and suggestions etc.

Thank you!!

Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:04 AM - Response #1

To address the concern over permissions, I'd create a new page, perhaps "50th Photos", make it restricted to only logged in classmates, and display the link there. I don't think anyone would mind that logged in classmates can see all the photos.

Or... Better yet, use the link to view and save one of the photos - maybe a group shot - and put that photo on the new page using the editor to make that photo a clickable link to all the photos.

Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:56 AM - Response #2

When the gallery link is opened, there is also a download all pictures and each picture have a download option.

I know I can't control every aspect of this but was wondering if I should put up a disclaimer and/or ask if anyone has an issue with their pictures being shared..

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.