ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcement background

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/22 09:51 PM Views: 206 Replies: 5
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 9:51 PM

I messed something up during the surgery lol. My announcements are all the way on the bottom and extend too far. The announcement box seems to large. I have tried in vain to fix it. Help.

Never mind, I figured it out. Don't edit the website when on pain pills for back surgery

Edited 03/22/22 10:44 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 10:18 PM - Response #1

Your home page is only for logged in members or I'd identify the offender.

Short story you have an image or a link or something that's exceeding the maximum width. The way to test is to remove an image or a link to figure out which one.

You can set the size of an image to 100% thus it works everywhere. A link takes more explanation, but also easy. See which it is.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 9:01 PM - Response #2

Hi,

My Announcement page is also sending everything to the bottom and extending it across the page. When I went to dinner everything was fine. Now even simple text typed directly into the editor is too wide.

I've tried reducing the font size, the picture size through "imagine properties," deactivating almost all of the announcements/pictures & nothing is working.

I'm new at this, so I'm like - well HELP Smile I don't know what I've done.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 10:54 PM - Response #3

Nothing to see for any of us since your page is not visible if not logged in. It's easy to fix if we can see your page.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 11:03 PM - Response #4

Catherine,

As Jack says, other class administrators on this forum cannot see anything on your site. When we go to your home page, all we see is a Members Log In box and a box to type in a system password. Your site is what I'd call "ultra-private," which prevents anyone except Class Creator Admins like Jessica, Scott Mastenbrook, and Kelcie from seeing any of your pages and helping you.

If you with to change things and make your home page and any other pages visible, once you're on Edit Site Pages for the home page or other pages, click on Edit Link and then remove the check mark for "Restrict to Classmates Only."

Edited 04/20/22 4:00 AM
Friday, April 22, 2022 at 12:14 AM - Response #5

Last week a few of us were on a TAP online chat using Google Meet. When one of the members shared his site, I noticed there was an unusual amount of space between the logo above announcements. We suggested he check to see if there were extra lines inserted after the logo (image). Looking at the SOURCE, there were approximately seven extra lines. As soon as he removed them and saved the change, it looked right.

Always look for extra lines inserted by hitting the ENTER key. If you've ever moved something you wrote to the bottom of a page as you edited it because you MIGHT use that info, forgot about it, and saved the page... we are on team "learned that lesson!"

Edited 04/22/22 12:16 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.