ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/04/09 12:06 PM Views: 1140 Replies: 4
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Brad...My hompepage is blown out and I was only working on the FAQ page. My coadmin, who usually fixes this stuff is unavailable till late today. Could I ask you to take a look and see what's up? Thanks a million. Bonita

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM - Response #1

Whenever something "blows out" the very first thing to do is examine what you were just working on. Likely something you just created is too wide for the area in which you're attempting to insert it. If tweaking whatever you were just working on doesn't solve the problem, then here's what you need to do:

1) Go into home page edit mode and deactivate "Your Content". Then view your home page. If the problem is gone, you'll know the problem exists within your home page content.

2) If the blowout is still there, most likely the problem exists in one of your Announcements. Thus, go into Announcement Edit Mode and deactivate all Announcements. Then view your home page. If the problem is gone, which it most likely will be, then one by one activate each Announcement and then view your home page until you figure out which specific Announcement is causing the problem.

I followed this exact procedure above, revealing that the problem area was your "Senior Sneak Day" announcement. So I went into edit mode for that Announcement, where I found two gold chains that were too wide for your Announcements board. I clicked on them and used the image handles to shrink them to fit. Problem solved.

Now, I can't let you off this easily without reminding you and anyone else reading to please use descriptive Item titles. "Help!" is a topic most people will never click on or find in a forum search. At any given moment of the day there's at least 50 readers or so actively reading these forums searching for answers to their questions. Somebody who's having the same problem as you, who needs the solution I just entered above, is far more likely to click on "My Announcement Board is blown out and I don't know why" than "Help!" Thus simply by posting a descriptive item title you've helped somebody else, most likely several other people, also solve their problem.

Edited 05/04/09 12:53 PM
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 12:59 PM - Response #2

Ok, so I been told..I'm firing myself. I do appreciate knowing the method by which to troubleshoot a blowout. Thank you very much for that. I hadn't touched that announcement and those chains had been in there for quite a long time now....so, well, I don't get it. But, I learned a whole bunch new today.
Thank you very much for your help. I am going to stand in the corner for a while now.....Embarassed Bonita

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM - Response #3

Ok, you can come back now. Smile

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ok, you can come back now. Smile

Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.