ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

separate place to purchase tickets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/25/09 12:47 AM Views: 1618 Replies: 7
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Hello, I want to make it even easier for our classmates to purchase tickets online. The current method makes them have to go all the way to the bottom of reunion page before they can buy tickets. I would like to be able to create a separate button/page link just for purchasing tickets that will allow them to still select the item for sale and of course it links to our paypal account. Is this possible?
thanks, Shannon

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

No not really. In "Reunion Planner II" you'll be able to break up elements and do all kinds of other things, but in the current Reunion Planner everything works together on 1 main reunion page.

Here's something you may be interested in though. You can create a direct link to the registration portion of that page. You can't put it on the left, but you can put it anywhere else on your site. For instance, let's say at the to of your home page you want to put in big bold letters:

CLICK HERE TO OFFICIALLY REGISTER FOR OUR REUNION

What you would do is this:

1) Select the "CLICK HERE TO OFFICIALLY REGISTER FOR OUR REUNION" text with your mouse.
2) click the chain link icon
3) In the link box enter: member_ReunionSignup.cfm#reunionsignup

This will link people directly to the part of the page that contains your registration form. That's as close as possible to what you're asking for now.

Edited 01/25/09 12:17 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

What exactly do you mean by the chain link. I went in to the insert/edit link, and pasted there as a url?? but when I went back and clicked on it it took me to an aim serch page. What did I do wrong? I was trying to put it on the home page

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 12:17 AM - Response #3

Can you put it back for a moment? Unfortuatnely without seeing it I can't know what was wrong with the link.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 8:51 AM - Response #4

Hey Brad, if you let me know when you can look at it I would be happy to, don't want to leave it up there and someone click on it and it takes them to the wrong place, that would make it look like I don't know what I'm doing LOL

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 8:56 AM - Response #5

Hey Brad, OK it is up, I just put a note under it not to use it yet. This time it took me no where

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM - Response #6

Oh I see. Sorry, I mislead you just a tad here. Our system forces you to inclue the "http://" in your link. And becasue of that, you also then have to include "www.ahs84.com" in your link too. I changed it on your site to the full link so you can see exactly how it works.

NOTE: Because you have already registered, clicking this link in your own personal case is just going to take you to the summary page for what you've ordered. Any Classmates who have not yet registered, though, will jump directly to your registration form when clicking this link.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 1:40 PM - Response #7

Thank you Brad, glad to know I was doing it right.Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.