ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Text to Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/15/09 05:46 PM Views: 1475 Replies: 8
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM

OK - so I'm very green at working with code and getting web pages to look good. I never knew so much went into designing an appealing web site.

I've added the "Eye's with the Pointing Finger" animated comment on the home page. I managed to locate it on Zwani.com, copy the code, paste it to the home page and even locate it where I want it to be.

What I would like to do now is add text beside it to instruct users to click on the "pop-out player" to listen to our playlist while surfing the entire site.

Is there a simple way to explain to me how to go about adding text beside an animated comment?

Thank You

Jason White

Edited 03/15/09 5:48 PM
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM - Response #1

The easiest way to group elements together is to put them in a table.

1) Create 2 column by 1 row table
2) Set the table border to 0
3) In the left sell put in your animated image
4) In the right cell put in your comment

This structure will hold your items together on the page.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! Have a look and see what you think....

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 7:50 PM - Response #3

You know, I really like that! That will certainly help Classmates not miss a button that otherwise could be easily overlooked. Not sure if you can consider it or not, but you might want to set your home page content to display for non members for a moment so others here in this forum can see what you did there. I think that's a very nice implementation of the table tip I gave you, your animation, and the Playlist pop out buttom.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad! This is a great learning curb for all of us building and maintaining our own site. We do learn a lot from reading the forum thread without bugging you folks all the time for help and assistance in times of needs Smile

Edited 03/15/09 8:10 PM
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 8:13 PM - Response #5

That's actually one of the reasons we launched these forums last July. You should have seen the Customer Support desk when everybody had to ask questions one at a time. These forums are far and away the biggest time savings tool we ever implemented.

Edited 03/15/09 8:21 PM
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM - Response #6

Geez, a 'table'?
And I just thought I had to wing it....Smile

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:39 PM - Response #7

Hey not a problem,

This is kind of like getting called up to chalkboard....

I will open it up - no harm in that as long as I keep the secondary pages locked up.

Right?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM - Response #8

Right. Maybe leave it open a few more days for anyone here who wants to take a look. Close it again next week if you want to keep that page private. Thank you for sharing.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.