ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Powerpoint Presentations

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/06/12 02:03 PM Views: 1404 Replies: 7
Friday, January 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I received a CD from the alumni director at my high school which contains a powerpoint presentation of slides from our school. I wanted to pick some of the slides and put them up as photos on the website. I ran into two problems. First, the presentation itself is READ-ONLY and I have asked the director to unprotect it, but so far she has not been willing to do that. Secondly, I tried some workarounds to simply copy an individual slide with a different file extension, in effect changing a PPT file to a JPG file. This does not work because the paste function is disabled. Any suggestions?

Friday, January 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM - Response #1

There may be an easier way, but here's what I did a while back when I received a ".pps" file. I renamed the file to a ".ppt" and opened it in PowerPoint which gave me access to the individual slides in the show. Then, I saved the slides (photos) I wanted. You must have PowerPoint installed on your pc.

Let me know if this works for you.

cheryl

Edited 01/06/12 10:14 PM
Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM - Response #2

Not sure what's going on - she has a .PPT already? Or it's a .PPS instead now?

Generic solution is to use a PC "Print Screen" function and then just paste and save using a graphics program. Should work fine for the purpose described.

If we are talking about the file attribute (read-only) that can be reset.

Edited 01/06/12 8:40 PM
Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM - Response #3

Try saving as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file then you should be able to get the to individual JPG files.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM - Response #4

PDF is ... PDF. One can copy and paste images from a PDF file or use PDF editing software.

But that's an interesting idea to try. I just looked and noticed all the other formats for saving.

HTML should split it up quite nicely. I need to find something to test this out.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM - Response #5

I also am having some difficulty. I created a short power point series that I'd like to embed on the home page. Is there any way to do that?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM - Response #6

I am not aware of a way to embed and view a Power Point Presentation on a web page. The easiest way to do this is to convert it to a flash file and embed that. I use "AVS Video Converter" see http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx . I bought a lifetime unlimited license several years ago for $59 (includes all of their products) and is probably the best investment in software i have made. There are probably other "free" software out there but I have not looked for them as I have AVS4YOU software suite. Good luck.

Edited 01/11/12 1:29 PM
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM - Response #7

I was going to try a .mht file (which browsers support), but CC has a bug in file upload and it won't let me test to see how it could maybe be easily adapted.

There is a way to simulate a Power Point slide view on CC. Just store all the images and then use Gallery Creator to let user view and also automatically advance. That's not the home page, but instead you'd have a link.

You can also do this with your own Javascript or some 3rd party slide viewer. On our home page I have a slide viewer that does exactly that on the top - image changes if you wait a bit. Inside pages have similar with fwd, bk, stop controls.

Edited 01/11/12 3:11 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.