ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

page not centered and text at top on background??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/27/11 03:26 PM Views: 1368 Replies: 8
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Hello! First let me thank Class Creator for this wonderful site! We had a wonderful 30 year reunion in July thanks to Clas Creator! And I just have been so busy since, I have neglected keeping site interesting and up to date. Still trying to figure the best way to post pictures. Would like to be able for classmates to print photos from site, but not sure quality will be what is needed for such, so any suggestions as to how to keep private, but let classmates print high quality. My puzzling question is why does my home page and all pages (whhs81.com) I go to not appear correctly (centered) and what is the type in the background (javascript) that seems to be possibly interfering with the way in which the page appears? Any pointers on this issue would be greatly appreciated! I spent a little time last night viewing other members pages and was so IMPRESSED! Thanks for all the ideas and I hope to get our site up to that level soon! Blessings! Marla

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM - Response #1

The leading < sign that is supposed to be in front of script is missing. Look at your google analytics code. CC moves it to the top.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM - Response #2

Thank you for your reply! Because I "am not" the root ADMIN, it is not something I can correct, true? I am in one of those sticky situations where an alumni, but from a different class year, set up our site originally, and I guess simply does not want to relinquish ultimate control, although they DO NOT actively "manage" our site or it's content. I have asked for the root admin position to be turned over to me, but no reply was received. Is there anyway around fixing this without requesting the root admin to do it?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 6:46 PM - Response #3

Only root has access to the global area that does this. For now, just explain what has to be fixed. Or perhaps CC can fix this for you if root does not respond.

You bring up an interesting question: Having an option to expand the access of other admins, in particular that little area. It's also possible that more than 1 admin started the site and it's only because of CC that only 1 has "root" privileges.

There are some issues to worry about, mainly (I think) because of the relatively newness of most joining CC as it pertains to "running" a site. Meaning they could accidentally make mistakes. However, it's common in commercial environments to allow broad control by others.

It's never bothered me that I couldn't change that section since we get along - although it has been a slight inconvenience. Would be a welcome option. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Since it's your idea - start a topic asking if that could be added.Idea Or get feedback

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 7:03 PM - Response #4

I added the "<"

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM - Response #5

Thank you so much Kyle for adding the "<" in our google analytics code! I had just sent an email to the root admin asking for her to please assist on the page by adding it and I also (again) asked if she would turn over the "root admin" to me, since it is MY class. I hope she answers this time, as I asked back in July and never got a reply. What do you think about the possiblity of increasing "general admins" control and abilities on their sites? As general admins cannot even "assign" someone else with admin access. Personally, I think CC should require that the root admin, if only going to allow there to be ONE per site, be at least a class member from the class year in which they are the root admin, or if just setting up a site for another class, that they must assign root admin status to a member of the class within 6 months of creation of the site. Does this sound feasible? Should I start a separate specific topic for this? Thanks again!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM - Response #6

Hi Marla,

We cannot require of the root that they either share or turn over root authority on their sites. When someone creates a site on our service, they enter a contract with us and we are bound to it just as they are. We do hope that people who create sites and solicit members of the class to join and participate on the site will respect the needs of the class members in their administration of the site, but there is nothing we can do to enforce that. The root and the root alone is responsible for the content and management of the site unless they are in violation of the law and we are both able and obligated to act. In keeping with that, the root and only the root can assign and share adminstrative authority over the site as they see fit.

Ergo, unfortunately, your suggestions are not feasible.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM - Response #7

Eric, Although I see what you mean about transferring the admin thing, what can be solved this is the other part discussed.

CC could offer/add an option (just like all the other options) for letting other admins access the global area where the analytics (or any code) is stored.

Then the admin makes the choice(s), just as they already do.

As a matter of legal issues, what if the person that "signed" is merely a rep for a legal entity, e.g. an alumni association. Meaning, the association, not the person is the one that "owns" the site. This should also be a common issue. We didn't form a corporation, but the idea was discussed. Then it's not the person at all that is responsible.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM - Response #8

Jack, those are things we'll have to look into.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.