ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/13 07:45 AM Views: 1367 Replies: 30
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

THe log on page is okay

Edit site pages are ok all others are off to the right only showing half of the pages.

Correction steps please..

JIM

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM - Response #1

Seeing your pages ok here. What browser and browser version # are you using to view the site?

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM - Response #2

IE 8

I get the top dog this am?

Why aren't you home in bed

JIK

Edited 01/28/13 8:22 AM
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM - Response #3

Well Jim "top dogs" often don't sleep much on nights like this. I've asked the guys to check this out in IE after 10:00 today and get back to you. We have a variety of issues coming in as expected and will get to everyone ask quickly as we can today. Stay tuned assistance is on the way.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM - Response #4

Hey there, Top Dog! Good morning to you! Laughing
(Couldn't help it!)

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM - Response #5

Good Morning Gwen, How's everything on your site
Mine is Great. Like it being bigger.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM - Response #6

Buddy Haney wrote:

Good Morning Gwen, How's everything on your site
Mine is Great. Like it being bigger.

Hey there, Bud! Haven't hit my sites yet. Am taking care of a few personal items and reading the posts here. I'll be lost in the three sites I have in about an hour.

Hope to see you in chat on Wednesday!

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM - Response #7

Thanks Brad. Just sitting here waiting and no big hurry. I did check with some of our other site adnmin and they are seeing the same thing. Left have of screen is black and home page is slid to the right....

JIM

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM - Response #8

In IE9, turn off Compatibility Mode.

Hit F12 on the keyboard, and select the menu titled Browser Mode. Select Internet Explorer 9 from the menu.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM - Response #9

Good Morning, Eric!

(No need to reply.)

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM - Response #10

Good morning. Smile

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM - Response #11

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Good morning. Smile

Good Morning, Scott! Very Happy

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM - Response #12

Eric.....I am using IE8 NOT 9.

If I go to down load IE 9 it tellsme that I am using th most current IE update for XP

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM - Response #13

If you are using IE8, then hit F12 to open Developer Tools and make sure that the Browser Mode is set to Internet Explorer 8 and the Document Mode is set to IE8 Standards.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM - Response #14

If you are using IE8, then hit F12 to open Developer Tools and make sure that the Browser Mode is set to Internet Explorer 8 and the Document Mode is set to IE8 Standards.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM - Response #15

Eric...that seemed to do it for me....

I will double check in a moment.

If it did work I wold assume that is the same guidance that I would give other clssmates that are seeing the same thing as I was...correct?

JIM

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM - Response #16

I tried it two more times and it is not working...Now what?

I how to do I tell some one how to determine what they are using

And if a new classmate wants to join will they experience any difficulties or is it just we that have been usig the website?

J

Edited 01/28/13 12:44 PM
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Response #17

Unless the website is rewriten to work better in older browsers, the recommendation is to give users the same instructions I gave above. If users cannot tell what version of IE they are using, the instructions will be the same, they just have to select the largest number available in the menu in each case.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM - Response #18

Well now every time I log off and then back on I have to do the F 12 thing....is that the way it will be from now on?

The documne mode keeps going back to IE 7 and will not remain on IE 8

J

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM - Response #19

I am still haveing the same problem..

I click the CC icon I have on my desk top and the sign in pages appears correctly.
I log on with e mail and password and the home page appears but is off center to the right of my screen.

I go to F12 and the compatility mode is set for IE 8 but the document mode always resets to IE 7 standards and I have to change it to IE 8 standards.

This happens every time I log on. There must be something I can do to correct this.

Response from the members tells me everyone else is working fine.

JIM

Edited 01/28/13 8:47 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM - Response #20

This has been documented and passed along to programming for correction.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM - Response #21

Thanks Eric

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM - Response #22

I have installed Firefox and the problem does not seem to be occurring. Now I just have to fig

How do most people feel about Firefox vs IE8?

JIM

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM - Response #23

Hopefully this problem will go away soon. Working on it now.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM - Response #24

Jim, It comes down mostly to personal preference. However, I prefer Firefox or Chrome over IE. Since IE is probably still the big dog in browsers, it is the one most targeted by hackers and such. It does tend to have more security holes. I don't worry much about that because I have good anti-virus / anti-malware programs. But I think Firefox is also a bit faster loading. The fastest browser I ever used was Opera, but many websites don't work well with Opera, so I went back to Firefox. I found that Chrome wasn't working well with Flash with my Windows XP OS, so I stuck with Firefox. You may have a different experience, but I just wanted to put in my two cents. Smile

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM - Response #25

I agree with Tim. I can't help but wonder if the trojan virus I had recently came from something that opened in IE. I use Chrome for Facebook except Words with Friends. I use Firefox for everything else, including Words with Friends. Smile

Side note: I have security running at all times. Malwarebytes has been my friend. But recently, neither found the problem on my laptop, which was running slower than a snail! SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition found it. It took several runs of that and Spybot Search & Destroy, but I got the bugger! End of story. Cool

Edited 01/30/13 1:54 PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM - Response #26

So Eric...are you saying that others have been having the same issues I am having with IE 8

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM - Response #27

Gwen, I use AVG 2013 Free Edition as an anti-virus and I am shouting from the rooftops regarding how great I think it is.
I use the same anti-malware programs you have. They are terrific and I recommend them to everyone. I don't have SuperAntiSpyware, but I do use Advanced System Care by Iobit.
My computer is 8 years old, but still running smoothly thanks to Ccleaner and ASC, all free programs. Just an FYI to anyone, don't download PCmatic. Smile

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM - Response #28

There has been a formatting issue with IE and compatibility mode, yes.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM - Response #29

I am having the same problem as Jim. When I log in everything shifts to the right. I have IE9 and have turned off compatibility and set to standard IE 9, cleared the cache, etc. It works until I leave the site and go back in. I know this is being addressed and I appreciate that. In the mean time I can edit in FireFox. I know that most of my site members use IE and if they are experiencing problems, they are not saying anything, but then, they never do!!

I know you guys are swamped -- thanks for all your hard work. The new changes are wonderful!!!

Sandy

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM - Response #30

IE8 is quite different from IE9 or IE10. Newer versions are way faster. IE8 is 'frozen' for tech at that time. That's why FF and Chrome are faster vs IE8. However, IE9/10 are just as fast or faster depending on your video card. Safari is one of the slowest.

As to who is using what, it's more or less Chrome, IE and Firefox. It changes all the time.

Here's one for Dec 2012 LINK showing distribution. Also has interesting info on screen resolutions and OS usage.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.