ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

photo gallery update

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/07/10 09:59 PM Views: 1861 Replies: 9
Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Happy New Year Brad/Kyle,

Just checking on the status of photo gallery--can't find anything new by using a search so I assume the beta is still on? We are doing a slide show and might change the plan if it is close.

It is pathetic that I'm choosing to think ahead about our site instead of fully watching the BCS title football game tonight. And please don't answer this if others are waiting with more important questions.

Thanks,

Donna

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 1:20 AM - Response #1

Oh I wasn't answering more important questions, I was watching the game too. Smile

Photo Gallery Maker is nearly done. We of course saw a little incompatability issue with the beta and chose to rework our photo uploader in Flash instead of Java that we were using. So we're putting the final touches on that now before releasing the new Gallery feature to the entire system. I don't see any reason that won't be live sometime next week. Since we wrote such a nice new uploader (allows for some image editing to if people need to make a tweak or two) we're also going to plug it into the Classmate Photos portion of the system so Classmates can use it too.

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 6:42 AM - Response #2

Brad
Thanks for the update. Will the uploader allow for multiple files at the same time?

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #3

Hi Brad,

Thanks for interrupting your game watching to answer my question! Fun game to watch.

Photo Gallery sounds like a wonderful new addition. Will you be offering an online tutorial? Space limits? Just curious, what are the advantages to using Flash over Java?

Donna

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM - Response #4

Patrick Mattson wrote:

Brad
Thanks for the update. Will the uploader allow for multiple files at the same time?

Yup!

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM - Response #5

The instructions are built right into the system so hopefully no further insturctions or tutorial will be required.

Spae limitations are the same as they are now, nothing is changing regarding that. All premium members have 200 megs of storage space, or roughly enough to upload about 4,000 photos (assuming you have the whole 200 megs of space available anyway).

DONNA EWOLDT wrote:

Hi Brad,

Thanks for interrupting your game watching to answer my question! Fun game to watch.

Photo Gallery sounds like a wonderful new addition. Will you be offering an online tutorial? Space limits? Just curious, what are the advantages to using Flash over Java?

Donna

Friday, January 8, 2010 at 5:54 PM - Response #6

Thanks Brad!

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM - Response #7

New this week to the system, so please be kind. Saw - and uploaded - photos with the gallery maker, but don't see how to make it visible to everyone else/ link on the home page, etc. Am I missing the elephant in the room?

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM - Response #8

Beth, Welcome!

The Photo Gallery is NEW this week. It really hasn't been announced yet (look for an announcement tomorrow).

To make the gallery visible, you need to create a new left-menu item and then activate the left-menu item. You can have multiple galleries under each new gallery menu item you create.

So to fix your problem, go to "photo Gallery Maker" and then click on the ACTIVE check-box for "Southwest High Schoo"

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM - Response #9

To Whomever-

Think I solved my issue. Old dog - new trick. Thanks!

bc

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.