ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Automatic CC Refund on Delete

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/20/23 04:51 PM Views: 64 Replies: 3
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:51 PM

UPDATE: He turned around and donated the money. But this does seem like a bug. You should throw up a warning that deleting will issue a refund or fix it so if you check NO REFUND it won't automatically refund.
------------------------------------------
Original Post
A classmate said they couldn't attend the reunion after paying for two tickets by credit card. He said he didn't want a refund (and we checked the option that we're not offering refunds).

We have a cap on the number of classmates who can attend our evening event, and we're 10 sign-ups from turning people away. So when he said he couldn't come, I deleted him from the Transaction List. I just now got a notice - presumably sent to him too - that we are issuing a refund.

I was never asked if that was my intention and we are not offering refunds.
The name is Neil Robb and $148.00 and one of the orders is #398276.

Edited 09/20/23 5:29 PM
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:28 PM - Response #1

HI Carol,

It does have a pop up to let you know if you delete it the amount will be refunded. We have to get involved when their is a delete without a refund so let me know if you have any others like that.

I voided the refunds since they were from the same day and had not batched. I added a manual entry to donations for the amount minus the fees - since it was not refunded the fees are still relevant. I'm not certain if that is how you want it listed - you can remove that entry if you wish I just wanted it recorded somewhere.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:30 PM - Response #2

OK, Thanks. We won't cash his check since you fixed this. There was no popup or I wasn't paying attention. Yes on adding it to donations. Thanks!!!

Edited 09/20/23 8:29 PM
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:48 PM - Response #3

I had to enter it as something so I added it as a check - it is just the amount of his full payment minus the fees.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.