ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Download Obituaries

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/12 09:35 AM Views: 1071 Replies: 3
Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We have around 150 people listed on our "In Memory" page and I'd like to download the name, year of death, obituary (comments), and any classmate comments for each. Have tried a few different combinations on the Download Class List options, but am not getting the results I'd like. Any suggestions?

The 'use case' for this:
I want a list of this information so I can determine what is missing from each person's "In Memory" page (obit) so I can take that info to the newspaper/library/etc to look up info. Some classmates have posted the approx date or maybe just the year, so I have something to work with while searching.

Edited 08/02/12 10:04 AM
Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM - Response #1

There is no mechanism within the site to mass-download this information. You'll probably want to look at downloading a website mirroring or scraping utility. I only mention this because by your use of the phrase "use case" I infer that it might have meaning for you.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM - Response #2

Thank you, Eric!

In the IT-world, typically I ask someone 'why' they want certain data or how they plan to use it. That usually helps me understand if what they want is possible. So, I gather 'we can't get there from here' (not really wanting to use outside utilities).

Maybe could be an enhancement request? Wink

Edited 08/02/12 10:56 AM
Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM - Response #3

I can certainly put it on the wishlist, but I can't guarantee whether or when it might be addressed.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.