ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

My Posts Photo

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/06/14 11:09 PM Views: 953 Replies: 9
Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM

When I setup the site, I did not have a photo to share of myself at the time. So I went to My Posts and when I bring any of the up the photo is blank. It says to click to display the photo. So I did and the edit your profile screen appears. At the bottom of the first section there is a question about the forum photo with a button to I guess select none. Well I tried to unselect that button and it does not unselect. So not, sure how to insert a photo if the button will not change. Thanks in advance. Emma

Friday, March 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

Go to your Edit Profile page and you can add a profile / master photo from that page.

Friday, March 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM - Response #2
odd.docx

ok this is going to sound really dumb. but how.... I have added all the photos in the prepared places for photos master, yearbook, then and now. but when I post a message to you all in the forum no photo shows up in the prepared square and I click on the square and to no avail nothing I do works...

here's a pic see the attachment

Edited 03/07/14 4:59 PM
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM - Response #3

The Forums use their own photo choice. Go to the top of th page, click on My Settings, which will show you all the photos from your site profile's photo gallery, and pick one.

Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM - Response #4

I have done that and no photos appear to be selected.

Clicking on the photo placeholder square or my settings takes me to the profile page where the bottom section to the profile gives a link to select photo and that takes you to the photos in the classmate photo section in the classmate photo holding area, then I select a photo and I go through the saving process and nothing happens. No photo comes up to fill the blank head grayed out box in the admin posting forum area.

That is why I attached a file in my last message to show that ..... I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU THAT IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME... oh bother Sad

[*] the button is fixed under forum photo and can not be changed to turn photo back on once it is selected as none. on the Forum profile screen

[*] and to say that I have uploaded and selected all the photo prepared photo holding spaces in the classmate photo page under my specific classmate profile

[*] and to the right of the post the square holding space shows a grayed out figure of a blank head.

In other words it is not intuitive, .....

ok, I will email one of you my password and you log on as me and pick a photo like you said and you will see that it is not working for me.

Edited 03/08/14 4:16 PM
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM - Response #5

No, it's NOT intuitive, and you're not the first one to point that out.

I'm at a disadvantage here, since all my photos were in my web site profile's photo gallery long before the Social profile was implemented and the way photos were handled was changed. Under the new profile system, a photo uploaded to Master, Then, or Now does not get put into the photo gallery. And it appears that's where the forum looks. Or at least that's what I see here.

I've also experienced problems where I uploaded a photo, nothing seemed to happen, but if I went back to look at it, it was there and I could adjust it and then it appeared. So check your photo gallery in your profile, make sure the photo you want is there and has a check mark to make it active, and then see what the forum's My Settings sees.

Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM - Response #6

ok, this is really weird now

went back to look at the profile section and something has gone really wrong.

my profile is now not showing any photos and I am listed twice in the class list and

now the classmate profile both of them, are showing two sections on each profile of blank photo placeholders...

this is the first time I have looked since I did what you suggested on the trying to select a photo from the ones I had posted on my profile section...

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM - Response #7

Sorry Emma, What appeared to be a matter of selecting a photo degraded into something well beyond where I could help. I was hoping that one of the CC staff would chime in here to get back to where all we had to worry about was finding a photo to choose....

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM - Response #8

I can relate to "weird". Just had a similar thing happen. No profile photos, double photos, double comment,LI. There's a technical name for that: fubar.

Emma Christensen wrote:

ok, this is really weird now

went back to look at the profile section and something has gone really wrong.

my profile is now not showing any photos and I am listed twice in the class list and

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM - Response #9

It's harder to keep the train going down the track when the wheels keep falling off....

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.