ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ipad

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/26/11 01:26 PM Views: 1259 Replies: 7
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I cannot add photos vis iPad because of adobe. Any suggestions or help I am fairly new to the ipad2
Donna

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

I don't know much about IPAD, but I have several classmates using them. IPAD does not have Adobe Flash, and Apple does not indicate they will be providing Flash.

Hence, they will NOT see things on my website built with FLASH, like some of my Banners. Unfortunately, Flash is used many places on websites, and IPAD will have "missing" displays.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks, I was pretty sure that was the case. I guess nothing is perfect

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM - Response #3

I believe that the reason Apple didn't add Adobe Flash to the iPads is because of the many glitches it has. Anyone who plays Farmville on Facebook knows that most FV related issues are because of the Adobe Flash player failing. You might try accessing your site, on the iPad, through the Cloud Browser. There is an app for it and it does use the flash player.
Tam

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM - Response #4

You CAN add photos, just don't use the gallery feature - which I'm assuming is the issue.

What you do is upload to your file vault directly. I suggest making a NEW directory, call it MyPictures (for example). The reason is that using Image folder resizes the image depending on where you are in your site. Size is smaller for home page vs other pages. But I don't like CC messing with my imagesTwisted Evil

Resize approximately to what you want - larger is OK since you can control the display size.

Now you need to directly create img tags in your pages to access those images. That allows you to resize to "fit" your goals. Do a google on img for more details. This would be done in source mode in the CC editor.

If you use a LOCAL editor (e.g. seamonkey), it becomes much simpler to do and preview.

This is just a basic method to solve the basic problem of just getting images to show on your site. There's a lot more you can do if you want to go this route.

All of the images on our site bypass Flash - because I wanted all images to be viewable by Apple devices.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM - Response #5

I'm not able to edit the site on my Ipad because it won't allow me to scroll down the Home Page when I'm in edit mode.Evil or Very Mad

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM - Response #6

I just tried editing on my iPod (iTouch) and I can scroll fine, but the upload icon doesn't work. Strange since that should work. Might be again some detection code by CC that is causing this. It's very similar to IE9 hiccups in some areas.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 1:12 PM - Response #7

This problem was posted on our Message Forum (MF):

"Now that I have my tablet I don't use my laptop at home but I am having a little problem posting on the MF with my tablet. Am working to figure that out. When I try to post all it does is enters the first letter of each word."

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have a suggestion?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.