ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

GALLERY CREATOR UPLOADS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/04/15 03:16 PM Views: 1916 Replies: 22
Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 3:16 PM

I have 100+ jpeg pictures on a CD from a reunion that I would like to put in the PICTURE GALLERY. Do i have to load each one individually to the file vault and then load them one at a time from the file vault to the GALLERY CREATOR or is there a faster way to upload multiple pictures to the file vault and then move them as a group to GALLERY CREATOR?

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

When you are selecting the images, you can either do a Shift + Click or CTRL + A to select multiple images, and then upload.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM - Response #2

Leo, Scott is talking about Gallery Creator. Click the Photo option and then Add Photos. Next select ALL the photos you want (using appropriate key+mouse clicks to get the ones you want) in the Windows open dialog.

Do not upload to the file vault since that would double space. Gallery photos go into their own folder in the file vault.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 2:24 PM - Response #3

i had the same prob. as the minneapolis roosevelt high did and i ended up downloading one by one(170) since i have windows 10 and it would not allow me to select multiples. i most likely have to do more research into windows 10....good luck!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM - Response #4

Leo is on windows 7. But are you talking about the gallery creator or the file vault? File vault only allows ONE at a time for both uploads and deletes. It's one thing that should be fixed. Not hard to fix, it's just an option on the open dialog and a tiny bit of code to parse the list that comes back. Idea

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM - Response #5

BTW Betty, if you are using AOL's browser strongly recommend to switch to either FF or Chrome and try those instead. You can still access AOL using those browsers.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM - Response #6

Am I the only one who is still having an issue with uploading photos? I first reported this a month ago and it's still not working.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM - Response #7

This is Leo again. I am running FF in win7. I cant find ADD PHOTO in GALLEY CREATOR. I have to click on IMAGE to add photos & then it will only take one at a time no matter what key combination I use. I do use the key combinations outside of GALLERY CREATOR & they work when I copy pictures from a CD to my hard drive but not when I try to copy pictures from a CD into GALLERY CREATOR.

Other years I used GALLERY CREATOR to display 100s of pictures and had no upload problems. I think something has changed in GALLERY CREATOR or I am losing it at 73.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 5:07 PM - Response #8

I know there are reports of the issue out there, however I have not been able to identify the specific scenario where it is happening. I can not replicate the issue on my machine. I am using a Win 7 machine and FF. My jing video will illustrate my successful upload. http://screencast.com/t/RHi2lYHbpLL Leo - I added a test gallery on your site. I will delete that gallery.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 6:04 PM - Response #9

Thanks Scott, I now know what the issue is. When I was starting a new Gallery I filled in the new Gallery name and then dropped right down to "Content entered below will appear on page 1 of your [b]Photo Gallery above your photos" & was trying to put the pictures in via clicking on "IMAGE". I now know I should have gone back to the main GALLERY CREATOR page & clicked on the PHOTO option for my newly created Gallery & then download the photos. I am sure this is what was also tripping up other administrators as well.

It would be nice if there was a step by step tutorial
on GALLERY CREATOR. Thanks again, Leo

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #10

Okay. Good to hear you got through it. Thanks

Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM - Response #11
streetcar.jpg

I STILL unable to upload any photos via the Gallery Creator since 10/16/15. It allowed me to upload a few Friday Night Mixer photos, but the very next day, using the same method it will not upload. No error messsge, just will not upload. Take a look at www.sunset65.org. Try uploading the attached pic to 2015 Reunion Pictures and into the Spaghatti Warehouse group. What's going on?

Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:21 PM - Response #12

Didn't fix my problem. www.sunset65.org

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM - Response #13

scott, i really am feeling ignored here. not sure why either. i have put in a question twice since saturday and yet i still do not have a response. my issue is with the gallery creator. i have created one for our 55th brunch (50 photos) and one for our 55th dinner (120 photos). i have set it up for the photos to stack, yet when i make both of these pages live, the photos are not stacked. they are lined up across the page in rows. what am i doing wrong? please, please respond. our reunion was in august and classmates would like to see the photos. thanks........betty

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:12 PM - Response #14

JoEllen - What Browser and version number are you using?

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:14 PM - Response #15

AOL AND WINDOWS 10....not sure why you are calling me joellen tho......betty

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM - Response #16

AOL... that tells me that it might be an older version of Internet Explorer. Please try using a newer version or another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM - Response #17

really??? so i have to download 170 photos and comments all over again???? each time i have used FF to download onto our web site, there have been problems with classmates being able to see the changes I made. aol has never given me a problem.....we were able to stack once for the brunch, but don't know what we did to do that....

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM - Response #18

Betty,

The STACK option is for embedding. Which page are you trying to embed the photo gallery inside? Did you copy the codes and paste them in the SOURCE of the content editor of that page?

The photo gallery only shows them as slide shows, not stacking.

To embed using the STACK option, go to Gallery Creator, then EMBED for the gallery you want, then copy the EMBED CODES and then paste them into a content editor on the page you want the stacking slide show to show up.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM - Response #19

i did that for the dinner and although it is stacking on the photo gallery, it does not stack when i make the dinner a live page. it still only shows the photos across the page and in rows....

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM - Response #20

I have activated your DINNER page, see if that is what you wanted.

Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 8:02 PM - Response #21

Is there an easier way to sort after you upload? If I have more than 100 photos and want to move the latest one closer to the top it seems to be very challenging.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 10:03 PM - Response #22

There is a move tool in each gallery that you can drag the image where you want it. What is the caption next to the photo that you want to move to the top?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.